𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚡𝚒𝚒

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

1%

O U T S I D E
F E E D - J U N G K O O K

The drive back home was painful. She'd be mine by now... If only I was human. She likes me but she doesn't want me because I'm a cyborg. I'd never hurt her but she's not convinced. I stop the car at the red lights and my eyes tear up. I sniff and look out at the huge billboard. 

A woman—a cyborg crying over a dead man. A closer look at the man confirmed that he was very old. I look at the title of the ad.

"Eternal Mess," it read. The old man is human. He died because he wasn't a cyborg.

Iseul is mortal. She'll die of old age. She'll die of old age if she doesn't get a brain drive. What would I do when she dies? Where would I go? I can't do it without her. I can't think about a life without her in it. 

I lower my head resting it on the steering wheel and I feel the tears run down my face, hot and burning. My chest heaves as I try to contain the pain from her rejection. She couldn't be with me because I wasn't human.

Human. Human. Human. What is a human? What is the limit?

Takin' a drive, I was an ideal
Looked so alive, turns out I'm not real
Just something you paid for
What was I made for?

The song starts playing on the radio. I smile softly realising it's from the 20s. Probably 23 or 24. 23 was all human, wasn't it? No cyborgs, only humans. 

Would things have been different if it was back then?

I climb up her building and settle outside her window watching her sleep peacefully. I smile as I softly open her window. I climb inside and tiptoe to the side of her bed. I kneel next to her bed softly as I watch her chest fall and rise. I push a strand of her hair behind as I watch her soft lips. Oh, how would it feel when she kissed my face softly?

I had to fix things between us. I had to get her to like me. I needed her. I really need her. I want her with me and I want to love her. I want her to love me. I want to be in her warmth.

██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

H O M E
F E E D - I S E U L

I sigh as I read through everyone's reports and sip my juice. I find a suspicious part in one of my team members' reports—an error most likely. I grab my phone and search for her contact. Just as I go to click on the dial, my doorbell rings. I place the laptop down and walk to the door—the report still on my mind. I open the door and see a giant bouquet of sunflowers. 

"Huh?" I step back from the sheer size of the bouquet and try to see the person's face. 

"Hey," I hear a familiar voice a familiar head pops out from behind the bouquet. 

Jungkook.

"Jungkook-" I gasp, "I do not have time to entertain you right now," I pause looking at the flowers, "And I certainly do not have time to find a place for the flowers."

"Just a little bit of your time, please," he begs with a puppy face, "I can explain everything."

"There's nothing much to explain," I step back slowly closing the door, "Everything's already said and understood."

"Please," Jungkook shakes his head, "You don't understand. I would never ever hurt you. I just want another chance. I'd do anything for you to give me another chance. Anything."

My heart melts from his efforts to get to me, "Jungkook... I already told you I'm scared."

"Let me change that," he says with a smile, "Let me help you overcome that fear. Let me show you there's nothing to be afraid of."

"I-"

"Please take the flowers," he struggles, "They're heavy."

"Oh," I say as I help him place the flowers inside my apartment. I sigh and turn around to see him jog back out, "Where are you going?"

"There's more in my car," he says as he runs out, "Hang on!"

My entire apartment was filled with flowers and gift boxes. I was sitting on the couch and Jungkook was making me pasta. I don't know how we got here. He made several trips to his car to get all these inside. It approximately took an hour for him to drag it all in here. He was huffing with a smile on his face after placing the last few boxes down when he asked if I was hungry and I nodded speechless. 

"Do you want it spicy, Moon?" He asks and I jerk out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I reply, "Why are you calling me by my surname?"

"Your surname is Moon, Iseul," he chuckles as he grabs the chilli powder, "It also means the moon, y'know? The "sun" and the "moon". The moon orbiting the earth?"

"Yeah, I get it," I stop him before he starts further explaining what a moon is.

"So Moon," he shrugs, "It's a cute nickname. My moon," he smiles to himself.

I shake my head, "You're already giving me nicknames?"

"Do you not like nicknames?" He asks me stirring the pasta in the pan, "I love giving nicknames."

"I do," I smile softly at him. Could he really hurt me? He was my therapist for a while... He practically knows everything about me. The abuse and everything. Maybe he's what's missing in my life. A soft understanding person who'd pamper me.

"Why don't you open your gifts?" Jungkook asks plating the pasta, "We can eat while you open them."

"Oh," I smile and move to get a gift box. I shake it softly and look at him, "What's in this?"

"Open it," his eyes glint in excitement, "You'll love all of it."

"Is it expensive, Jungkook?" I ask as I place it on my lap, "I know all of this cost a lot."

"A little money for my little lady is not expensive," he clears out the coffee table and places the plates of pasta on it, "Open it, my lady."

I chuckle and open the box. I gasp as the wrapper unveils the lettering on the box inside.

"Cartier."

█████████▒

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

𝔼ℝℝ𝕆ℝ 𝟚𝟘𝟘 — 𝕆𝕂

⋘ ᴛʀʏ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ... ⋙

1053 lovebytes