𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚡𝚟

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

1%

S E O U L   P O L I C E   D E P A R T M E N T
F E E D - T A E H Y U N G

"He is obsessed with Iseul," we replay Seokjin's voice notes, "He runs to her after his work every single day. He buys her gifts, flowers and whatever she asks for. Not even ask- Just mention. The other day he told me how she mentioned needing a new laptop because hers was getting too old to use and he shot out to buy her one. Told me the smile on her face was worth it."

Yoongi lets out a small sigh and shakes his head when I pause it, "Keep playing it. I don't have any assumptions yet."

"I don't know if this is true love or an addiction now," he sighs in the voice note, "He's always smiley and happy though."

"Do you think we might be going after the wrong man?" Yoongi asks as he turns to his system. I shoot him an offensive look and he shrugs, "He just sounds like a man in love, c'mon!"

"And from his descriptions of her, she's pretty into him too," the voice note continues, "And he does a good job around the clinic as well. Everything is running so much smoother now that he's maintaining the entire system."

"The entire system?" Yoongi sits up straight, "Did he give Jungkook access to everything? How can he be so stupid?"

"I don't think he gave him access to anything important," I take Seokjin's side, "I'm sure it's just the robots and stuff."

"I hope Jungkook doesn't suspect stuff, you know?"

"What if he does?" I ask confidently.

"If you think he's capable of murder," Yoongi looks me dead in the eye, "What do you think?"

I click on the pause button and the voice note continues, "I think Jungkook has issues with his mother though. I recently overheard his mother's voice message for him. It was heartbreaking to hear... She seemed to be apologising for something... Something that was a mistake. She said she was getting old and sick. She wanted to see him for one last time. He was her everything and the only thing that made her want to live. He seemed very distant though. Just deleted the message."

Yoongi looks at me and I immediately know what he thinks about. I rush and search for Jungkook's mother. 

"Choi Jongyeon," my jaw drops as I read further about her, "Accidentally murdered her husband Jeon Junghyun while defending herself."

"So, that's what she was apologising for," Yoongi thinks.

"I guess he was closer to his father," I continue reading, "Her statement says that she was abused for years and that day he picked up a knife to hurt her. Out of fear, she hit him on the head with a pan. He died on the spot."

"He hates his mother for defending herself?" Yoongi asks in disgust.

"His statement was also taken," I scroll down, "He says he found her with a bloody pan and his father's body on the floor. He accused her of murder."

"Did she serve jail time?" 

"No, she was just given community service. It was death by self-defence so...," I lean back in my chair and close my eyes, "His lore goes way deep."

"He's traumatised I'm sure," he says, "I wonder if he got the help he needed?"

████▒▒▒▒▒▒

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

K S J   T H E R A P Y   C L I N I C
F E E D - J U N G K O O K

I finish my weekly check on Mia and Typi, the two robots that help run this place. I quickly look at the computer and run a troubleshooting. I sigh in relief as everything comes back to normal.

I'm glad Seokjin hired me for this. Partly because it's a good source of income and also because this place was a mess before I fixed all the systems that were supposed to run this place. 

I see Seokji walk into the clinic. He smiles at me as he walks by me, straight to the coffee machine. 

"How's Iseul?" He asks as he waits for his coffee. 

"She's amazing," I grin, "I love her so much."

"Keep your heart in check, Jungkook," he chuckles, "Don't let yourself get hurt."

I frown, "You think Iseul is the type of girl that would hurt someone?"

"I don't," he shrugs, "But we don't always hurt people around us intentionally."

He pats my shoulder and walks into his office, "I see we're booked for the day."

"We are," I reply mindlessly as I think about what he said. Why did he say that to me?

"Wait," I stop him and he turns to me, "Why did you say that to me?"

"Say what?" He raises one of his eyebrows.

"That we don't always hurt people around us intentionally," I repeat.

He sighs, "So that you don't think everyone polite and sweet wouldn't hurt you," he stirs his coffee, "See, Jungkook. A comment that she thinks is unproblematic could be offensive to you. She wasn't being malicious but that doesn't mean you weren't hurt or offended. It's okay to feel hurt by her actions and to hold her accountable no matter how much you love her."

I nod softly.

"Are we done or do I need to give you a whole lesson on communication in relationships?" He looks absolutely bored.

"Yeah, we're done."

He walks into the office and shuts the door. I go to the waiting room and sit down. The television is turned on and I see the trailer for "Eternal Mess" again. 

I couldn't let Iseul age and be taken away by death. What would I do without her? Thinking about time taking her away from me was frustrating. I grab my hair and wonder if she'd ever agree to be a cyborg or at least get an upload. As much as I know, she seems like the "live and die one life before you try the next" type of girl. The chances of her agreeing seem so low. 

But I couldn't live with her death on my mind. I couldn't resort to any rough methods either.

Could I?

█████████▒

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

𝔼ℝℝ𝕆ℝ 𝟝𝟘𝟚 - 𝔹𝔸𝔻 𝔾𝔸𝕋𝔼𝕎𝔸𝕐 𝔼ℝℝ𝕆ℝ

⋘ ᴛʀʏ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ... ⋙

1032 lovebytes

𝚂𝙾𝚄𝚁𝙲𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙳𝙴 

Dearest gentle reader,
This author has her exams coming up :( 
So, she must take a writing break and focus on studying. But worry not! She will be back in full force right after the exam. 
Do not lose hope and remember you shine.

With love,
Soki <3

(If you got the reference ilysm. I'll be gone for about a month)