Me and the Devil

VANCE

Dallas glances back at his sister with a frown before I nod for him to move and he does.

Adelaide smiles up me and shrugs. "I'm your boss, not the other way around."

"Upstair. Now." I say and she chuckles but starts running to the stairs as I sigh and follow her. "You're going to make yourself sick."

"You make me sick." She groans while entering her room where I follow, closing the door behind me with a frown.

"Excuse me?" I move to her as she pulls off her sweater and throws it back at me angrily. "Adelaide—"

"Oh so now I'm not 'Sweetness'? Because Stella's here!" She pretends to announce it to the room and I sigh. "Who even is she? Coming in here and assuming I'm a rich snob— no, worse, a man!"

"She didn't mean it like that." I walk to her, trying to hold her, but she moves away so I sit on the bed and try to be the least intimidating I can.

"But you know what she meant because you know her so well." I rest my chin on my hand and watch her pace before me with a smile. She's jealous and drunk, and I am drunk off her. "We were going to talk and you completely stopped to have a conversation with this person when I just wanted to say that I am disgustingly in love with you! And now I can't even say that because you're so busy catching up with fucking Stella!"

Letting out the laugh I was holding and rubbing my eyes, I look up at her angry face and let myself drown in her furious brown eyes.

"What is so funny?" She groans at me but I shake my head quickly.

"Come here." I pat my leg and compose the humor in my face. She reluctantly starts to straddle me and I pull her in closer, looking up at her glossy expression. "I told you I couldn't fall in love with you, but—"

"Why do you hate that word?" She whispers fearfully, her fingers wrapping around the fabric of my shirt like she's scared. "You can't love me—" I pull her lips down to mine and soak in the taste of wine, moaning at the feeling of her tongue playing with mine. I pull back and stare at the blush in her cheeks as she watches me in return.

"I fucking hate that word because it doesn't even come close to describing what I feel for you." I whisper, feeling my heart beating wildly inside my rib cage. Adelaide frowns down at me before pushing me back and kissing me passionately, trailing her mouth down to my neck as I breathe out happily. "Sweetness." She sits up and looks down at me with a smile.

"You'll steal me from heaven?" She asks quietly, making me flip her on her back so that I'm laying between her legs.

"What kind of Devil would I be without my little sinner?" I say before dropping to her neck. "Without my goddess of chaos." She arches her back and reaches down for my pants. "Love won't keep you from me, little one. It never has." I bite her shoulder and she moans under me when the door opens.

"Addie—" I groan and look to my right where Irene stands with a shocked expression. "Get off of her! Leave her alone!" She runs to me as I get up in annoyance.

"Mom!" Adelaide says angrily as Irene throws her fists at my chest and I roll my eyes, taking her wrist to stop her when she screams. "Mother!" Adelaide pulls her away from me as the others flood into the room with worried faces.

"Just Irene being Irene." I say with a shake of my head when the banshee screams again, this time with her hands covering Adelaide's stomach.

"He did this to you! He branded you like a common whore!" Adelaide slaps her mother across the face so hard the woman stumbles with her cheek in hand.