Family Matters

VANCE

Arthur sent one of the younger guys to deliver the things, they didn't stick around long enough for me to know his name.

Adelaide showers upstairs as I eat the pancakes that Morgan sent when my phone rings to a call from Lorie and I drop my fork with a groan.

"Did you give Lorie my number?" I yell up at Adelaide angrily.

"Yeah, she asked for it!" She responds a moment later and I glare a hole at the vibrations phone on the wooden table.

"Would you give her your first born son if she asked for it?" I hear her laugh as the shower turns off.

"You agreed to go to the resort!"

"I did no such thing, tell her I can't go!"

"No, it'll be fun! Callahan actually invited me so you'll have to go anyway." I turn the ringer off and drag a tired hand across my face. The memory of her being so close to him last night makes my head pound. "I don't know what he wants, but I have a feeling I won't be doing business with him."

"Then why are we going?" I snap as I stand up.

"Because he's kinda hot." She giggles and I sprint up the stairs, opening the bedroom door to see her drying her hair with a towel. She wears a pair of black loose pants and boots but her black rock band shirt is still one of mine that I washed. I've seen her in pastels and dark reds, in beiges and formal black, but seeing her in such a dark casual outfit made me feel so strange for some reason. "I used to have a shirt just like this one." She says, looking down at the skulls on the shirt.

Back to the matter at hand. "You think he's hot?" I ask while walking closer to her, she points at me with raised brows.

"If I don't get to fuck whoever I want to fuck and we will never be anything more than this, I am going to die alone." She says cautiously, making me glare at her as she puts the towel down. "Be a good boy, and share." My fist bawl up at my sides and I feel the overwhelming urge to fuck her until she changes her mind.

But she's right, I can never give her a relationship. I can't allow myself to grow too soft or too distracted.

"Fine." I sigh with a shrug before turning around to leave.

"Six to eight in the morning." She says and I stop in confusion, glancing back at her brown eyes with a frown. "And Wednesdays nights if I'm feeling generous since you'll already be in my bed." I scoff in disbelief.

"You're giving me timelines on when I'm allowed to fuck you?" I ask with a smirk cutting across my face, she sits on the bed and crosses her legs as she watches me move towards her.

"Take it or leave it." She shakes her head humorously. "You also can't leave any mark above my collarbone." I roll my eyes. "And, you can't kiss me or initiate any sexual contact until your allotted times." My mouth drops open as she chuckles.

"Adelaide," I groan, going down to kneel at her feet. "Sweetness—"

"Allotted times." She pushes my head back and stands up to leave. I follow her down the stairs.

LATER ADELAIDE

"And then what happened?" Julianna asks with wide excited eyes as she sprawls over the desk in my study. I pull my hands away from the laptop and lean back in my chair to smile at her.

"And then we got shot at, I already told you." I say calmly but she waives for me to go on. "And then we went to a house and went to sleep!"

"Bull-shit." She says with an accusing finger pointed at me.