Groceries and Oz

The front door opening caught my attention, Wanda shuffling in with bags of groceries and a crumpled receipt with a grumpy look on her face. 

I jumped off the couch, taking as many bags as I could from her, even though most of the bags cut off circulation I ignored the dull pain and went into the kitchen without complaining, my fingers turning red under the pressure. 

Wanda looked like she wasn't in the mood for talking or jokes today so I just quietly put away the groceries for her. 

Although now that I think of it I have no fucking clue where any of this stuff goes. I don't think I've ever even looked inside the pantry before. 

I've been living here for... uh.. an unknown amount of time and I don't think I know where to put most of these groceries. Wanda thankfully didn't stay long in the kitchen, leaving me to open all the cabinets so I can look around and guess where things go. After half an hour of fumbling around and just sort of organizing things as much as I could so it didn't look like I just shoved stuff into places. 

"Babygirl. Mommy needs to talk to you. Now." Wanda said, her sudden reappearance almost making me jump out of my skin before I turned to look at her. 

"...Did I do something bad? I'm sorry did I crush the chips.. no wait the bread I-" 

"No princess. Just sit okay? It's nothing bad." She reassured me quickly, gently taking the empty bags from me and tossing them away. 

She doesn't save bags? Where's her bag of bags? 

The concept of throwing bags is absolutely foreign to me, like why throw away perfectly good bags? They're so useful. Good for trash bags and uh idk.. other uses. I don't know. 

My parents always had a bag of bags. And I always had a bag of bags. 

It's just how life is. 

Doesn't everyone have a bag of bags? 

"Earth to (Y/N). Head out of the clouds, I need you to focus okay? This is very important to mommy." Wanda cooed, gently shaking my arm to pull me out of my thoughts. 

Maybe I do have a habit of getting lost in my head. 

Kate always said it was a problem. 

"Sorry what?" I asked dumbly, shifting awkwardly as she looked at me. 

"Firstly, thank you for putting away groceries. Secondly... Pepper is in town..and she's looking for you." Wanda said. 

I felt a joy rush through me as a grin appeared on my face. God how long has it been since I've seen Pepper? Months, more likely a year. Or close to that at least. 

"Really? How is she? Is Tony here? What's she doing in town? Did you-" 

"One question at a time alright?" Wanda reminded me, smiling when I nodded and readjusted my posture. "Pepper is fine, she's in town for the weekend, something about a potential investment. Tony is in New York." She answered all of my questions quickly as she reorganized some of the things I put away for her. 

Mostly the spices and the freezer so things looked neater. 

"Can I see her?" I asked without thinking. 

Oh my god why would I ask that? She's going to say no. Obviously I can't see her. I haven't seen anyone but Wanda in an unknown amount of time. 

(Btw how long do you think the reader has been with Wanda?)

"I... You know why I can't let you go see her, don't you?" Wanda asked. 

"But mommy-" 

"Don't "mommy" me, acting cute and pouty will not work for you this time, neither will calling me "mommy" so don't even try it angel. Mommy isn't playing. Im serious. You can't go see her." She was firm, this time turning around to look me in the eye as I pouted. "Why not?" I asked quietly, feeling my shoulders droop and my spirits dampening as she frowned at me.