#20 - Bye, Gunge Camp!

After a relaxing day went by, it was a Friday morning which was the last day of the camp. After Ben had woken up, and finished his morning routine, he went to the canteen to eat his breakfast as usual. After he finished breakfast, he went to the garden. This time, he had his friends over as well.

At 10 am, everybody was called out to meet Mark at a dirt field beside the lodge. When Ben and his friends reached there, he saw a giant steel tub, and some platforms laying near it. After everyone was there, Mark then said "Since today is our last day at camp, let's do something memorable. Everyone, strip down to your underwear, and line up.". Ben stripped his clothes down to reveal a pair of white boxers, and his friends also wore them as well. After stripping down, they went in the line, and Ben was the 9th person from the front with Jamie right behind him.

Ben: Hey, Jamie. What do you think they're doing?

Jamie: I don't know. I guess another gunging.

Ben: Seems like it. I don't know why else would they let us strip down other than a gunging.

After some time, a 14 years old boy at the front hopped inside the tub, and laid down in it. Moments later, he stood back up again with his body covered in glue. He then walked onto the platform to be sprinkled with some colorful feathers and glitter. After that, he walked to the side, and waited there.

After a few boys had been turned into a colorful figure, it was Ben's turn. Ben wore a pair of goggles that was given to him, and went into the tub. The glue was knee deep and very sticky. Ben looked at Jamie, took a deep breath, and completely submerged in the glue. After a few seconds, he came out with a body covered in glue. Ben was told to remove his goggles, and step onto the platform full of glitter. Right then, a ton of feathers and glitter were dumped on him, and covered him in them. Ben was more colorful then ever, and look ridiculous at the same time. He then stepped to the side, and waited for his friends. The fate of Jamie, Theo, Liam, and Brodie was the same as they were completely covered with glue, feathers, and glitter from head to toe. After that, Jarred took pictures of them standing together on their last day of camp.

After everyone was covered in the colorful glue, they all took one last picture of them all. After that, everyone either took additional pictures with their friend, or got hosed off. While everyone was doing that, Jamie got a nasty plan. Jamie and Brodie came right up to Ben, and started carrying him away. They carried Ben to the swamp, and threw him into the mud. He then emerged from the mud with his body entirely covered in it, and tried to wipe the mud off his eyes. After that, Jamie then said "That's the pay back for what you did to me last Sunday.". Before Jamie could finish his, Brodie decided to betray him, and pushed him into the mud as well. Jamie dove face first into the mud, and tried to scramble his way up. After that, he wiped the mud off his eyes while Ben and Brodie were laughing at him. Ben and Jamie then got out of the mud, and got hosed off with their friends. After they all got hosed off, they went showering, and changed their clothes.

After they were all cleaned up, they packed their stuff in their bags which were ready to go. The friends then took one last picture of them, and had their lunch together. They exchanged their contacts, and got each other's discord to play games together. After lunch, they went up to the gaming room, and spend their last hour at Gunge Camp gaming.

At 2pm, it was time to say goodbye to Gunge Camp. Everybody grabbed their bags, and went into their car. Since Ben's friends were all in Calgary, and Jarred had gotten his driver's license last month, they all can enjoy the same ride together. Nonetheless, it was very sad to leave Gunge Camp, but at least, they could come back next year.

About 1 hour after exiting the gate of Gunge Camp, they finally reached down town Calgary. Ben sent his friends home, then went back to his home at the out skirts of Calgary. At about half past 3, they reached their home which Ben really missed it. After unpacking their stuff, Ben and Jarred went out to grab some food. Later, they played computer games at the comfort of their home, and went to bed at 10 pm which ended their day.

End of Chapter 20