Chapter 9

Roxy was still lying on the floor, twitching her endoskeletal ears. Lena was still kneeling in front of the animatronic wolf.

"I can feel that you are hurt." said Roxy to Lena.

"It's nothing serious. That red-eyed thing gave me that wound." Lena answered and looked at the cloth which she had wrapped around her bleeding arm.

Roxy whimpered. "The wound must be disinfected otherwise it could become infected." Roxy said worriedly to Lena. Then, whimpering, she reached out to touch Cassie. "Cassie?...There you are." said Roxy touching the girl gently. Cassie took Roxy's hand again.

"You two have to get out of here." said Roxanne and gave a little twitch. "It's not safe here."

"We won't leave you here Roxy!" Cassie said while still holding Roxanne's hand.

"I am...too weak." said Roxy whimpering and twitched again.

"Come on Roxy! Get up!" said Lena with tears in her eyes. "You have to get up!"

Roxy whimpered. "Never...give...up..." and then struggled to get up but collapsed back on the floor.

"Cassie. Lena. You two are my winners. Get out of here! Now!" said Roxy to the girls. Her voice sounded weak and broken.

"Roxy...no!" said Cassie. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. Roxy please don't die!"

Roxanne started to say something to Cassie but was cut off by a violent twitch.

"We...we'll take you to Parts and Service. I'll fix you Roxy just like at the time. You'll feel a lot better then." said Lena crying.

Roxy tried to lift her head but the effort was too much. "Lena..."

"Parts and Service no longer exists. The entire pizzaplex is just a ruin." Cassie said sadly to Lena.

Roxy twitched again. "My little winners...I...Error.Error..." she said, her endoskeletal ears flattened. Roxy continued to twitch then lay motionless.

"Roxy..." Lena said crying.

Cassie and Lena laboriously lifted Roxanne to her feet and carefully held her.

"W..what?" Roxy felt the two girls lift her to her feet." Thank you my two winners." she said in a weak voice.

"You are the best Roxy." said Cassie to the animatronic wolf.

Cassie and Lena still held Roxy and then made their way out of the underground cave with her.

The two girls led Roxanne through a tunnel. The animatronic wolf was very weak and could hardly walk without the two girls help. They eventually found the disheveled and barely functioning Candy Cadet stuck in a pile of debris.

The Candy Cadet twitched. "Now I will tell you a story...about a mother and a little boy who lived alone in a cabin in the dark woods..." then shut down.

Roxanne twitched her left endoskeletal ear.

The two girls and the animatronic wolf walked past the Candy Cadet. They continued to lead Roxy through the tunnels.

"I don't remember where the tunnel is that I entered to get down here." Cassie said desperately. The tunnels were dark.

"So we're never getting out of here or what? I need something to eat I'm starving!" said Lena back.

"Maybe...I should lead the way?" Roxy said to the two girls, turning her eyeless head in their direction.

"Um..." Cassie and Lena said at the same time.

"That was a joke. Of course I can't lead the way." said Roxanne then. "I can't see where we're going but I can hear. There was a waterfall somewhere in the cave, I could hear the sound of the water clearly."

Cassie immediately remembered the way again. The two girls continued to lead Roxy through the tunnels and could hear the sound of water. That was the waterfall. Then they had made it out of the underground cave and were now on a devastated area of the raceway.

Headless Freddy was wandering around near a ruined garage.

"Freddy? Why doesn't he have a head anymore?" asked Lena softly. "Is he still in killing mode?"

"I'm definitely not going to let Freddy the murder robot chase me a second time!" Cassie said softly back.

"But Freddy is nice." said Roxy to the two girls. Her endoskeletal ears twitched briefly.

Lena sighed.