Chapter 22

Roxy and Foxy sat in their karts and stood at the starting line. Roxanne said the words to start the race. "Three! Two! One! Go!" exclaimed the animatronic wolf.

After Roxanne said the words to start the race, she immediately put her foot on the accelerator and drove across the race track at high speed, leaving a cloud of dust behind her.

Foxy twitched his ears and then put his foot down on the accelerator as well and drove fast across the track. He tried to catch up to Roxanne but she didn't give him a chance. "Give up little pirate fox, you'll never beat me in the race! I'm way too fast for you!" Roxanne exclaimed, laughing, still driving at high speed across the track and Foxy drove behind her.

"Pirates never give up!" Foxy exclaimed back, grinning.

Lena and Cassie sat on the bench and cheered on Roxanne.

Roxanne kept getting closer to the finish line. "I'm going to win! I'm the very best racer!" she said to herself and smiled victoriously.

Foxy admired Roxanne dreamily. She was so pretty and such an excellent kart driver. Her long silver hair was blowing so beautifully in the wind. Foxy was distracted by Roxy's beauty and stopped playing attention to where he was driving.

Lena and Cassie gasped in shock. "Oh no! Foxy! Foxy!"

Foxy drove straight towards a rock face.

"Foxy! Watch out!" shouted Roxanne to the pirate fox and stopped her kart right in front of the finish line.

With wide eyes, the fox tried to turn the steering wheel to avoid the rock face, but he couldn't and crashed into the rock face.

"Foxy!" Lena, Cassie and Roxanne immediately ran to the scene of the accident. Foxy raised his head dazedly. He had some scratches on his face and his endoskeleton was visible on his left arm. The kart had some dents and scrapes and a tire had fallen off.

"Foxy? How did that accident happen? You drove right into the rock face." said Roxanne, looking worried.

Cassie and Lena looked at the pirate fox. "Foxy? Are you okay?" asked Cassie.

"I'm okay. I must have been distracted by your beauty. You...you are impressive." Foxy said sheepishly to Roxanne. "Sorry I broke the kart."

Roxanne almost flushed her cheeks.

"The main thing is you're okay." said Roxanne in a soft voice. "Come to the garage I think I have some tools to fix you. And I can fix the kart too."

Roxy helped Foxy get up then looked at the two girls. "Um...you two can go to the ice cream parlor back there and get some ice cream while I fix Foxy and the kart." she said.

"Okay Roxy see you later." Cassie and Lena said at the same time and went towards the ice cream parlor.

Then Roxanne pushed the broken kart into the garage and Foxy hobbled after her.

Roxanne took tools and began patching Foxy's open left arm so that the part of his endoskeleton was no longer visible then she carefully removed the scratches from Foxy's face. "So now everything is okay with you again." said Roxy.

"Thanks for fixing me Roxy. But you didn't have to remove all the scratches. A scratch or two could have stayed on my face because that would have complemented my pirate look perfectly." said Foxy.

Roxanne gave the fox a gentle smack on the head. "Don't be silly Foxy. Your face is perfect without scratches."

Foxy smiled.

Then Roxanne started fixing the kart. Foxy watched her.

Lena and Cassie sat on the bench in the ice cream parlor under an large parasol and ate ice cream.