CHAPTER 31: Meeting

Six men inside a luxurious room. One who is at his late 50s, two who are twenty, one who is younger than a year, and the two who looks like they are eighteen and seventeen but actually ages more than twice the oldest in the circle.

The old man in his 50s is sitting at the head of the long table that is good for six people. The other three young men positioned themselves in their comfortable position they preferred. The teen in his 19 is sitting near the old man at the right while one of the two young men in their 20s are sitting at the old man's left side while the other is purposely positioning himself a seat away from the man who seems to be the youngest. The man who have the hair of black with red is sitting near the youngest while the man who almost everyone is wary off is simply and calmly sipping the tea prepared for him in this occasion.

Silence and silent sipping of tea and satisfied hums can be heard. We can also add the gulps and fast beats of everyone's hearts.

The place is filled with unexplainable atmosphere. Nervousness, anxiousness, guilt, panic, and on the other side where the couple of immortals are sat, love, care, passion, desire, and calmness can be felt. The two sides are completely opposite. But no one still spoke a word until the handless tea cup was elegantly put down on its saucer. It made the time seems stopped and breath hitched at that moment. Some even feel the urge to faint but due to the title he is carrying on his shoulder and his atittude he portrayed earlier that almost pissed the calm man, he cannot afford to lose face anymore especially after learning the man's purpose.

The calm man who is Bai Ying finally looked up. It startled the two other black haired men. The white haired teen and the dark blue haired man is only observing silently but deep inside they are both panicking like crazy. This made Duan Luan chuckle lightly that Bai Ying slapped the back of his hand lightly to stop his ridiculous deeds. Duan Luan contained his laughter and then boldly grabbed his beloved's hand and cage it inside his two large palms.

"King of the East." The old man was startled by the sudden mention of his title from the lips of the immortal prince. He tried to look at the immortal without looking down or averting his eyes in fear of any kind of sort of offence. Instead, he only saw a beautiful face of the prince in front of him. It's magnificent and if he is honest, he will say that even his late wife and current wife's looks was combined, it's still not on par of the Prince's peerless beauty. It's no exaggeration but pure truth to be told.

"Yes, your holiness?" He asked politely. Well, Bai Ying is still higher than him. He don't want to even try to offend the Prince like what his foolish eldest son almost did.

"I will ask you first a question. And based on that question, I will tell you why I want and willing to protect Kiyoshi-chan's place and loved ones. Be honest with me because you know that lying is useless in front of me." Bai Ying said as he picked up the tea cup once again and sniffed the aroma coming from it. He hummed once again while closing his eyes. He kept his eyes close as to which he is waiting for the response.

"I understood." With that, Bai Ying opened his eyes once again and then asked, "what do you see your kingdom will be like... rather... what do you want your kingdom be like?" He asked and closed his eyes again as he sipped the tea which seems to not be lessening due to the teacup's incredible use.

The old man, Tomo has his eyes grew wide. Even his son and Yoru who is only in the sideline are shocked to hear the question of Bai Ying.

It seems to be an easy question outside, but it's not.

Tomo sighed after half an incense worth of contemplating. He looked at the man who is sitting across him and as he opened his lips once again, he started to pour all his feelings and dreams in it that made his sons shocked.