CHAPTER 42: Gū

"Woah!" Blaze breathed out while looking at the merman in his mate's arms.

The others are stunned. Except one.

Bai Ying put down the merman on the couch silently and started to pull out a cloth from his space ring and then placed it on the half-naked body of the merman before leaving it to return outside.

The merman in question is terrified. He is scared to be alone with this four men. He maybe scared or shocked with the sudden movement and his interaction with the man who just left, but he somehow felt safe around him. And with the absence of the said man, he is scared shitless.

'What should I do?' He thought.

Ellis is the first one to notice the uneasiness of the guest. He raised his hand towards the three and signalled them to move backward to give the merman space that he seems to need the most while still staring at the entrance which Bai Ying exited from.

'He seems scared. But why do I feel like he is more terrified now that Ying'er left?' He thought while observing the merman.

Duan Luan who understood his brother's antics teleported outside the tent where he found Bai Ying just standing there. He assumed that Bai Ying is thinking about the merman, the coincidental meeting and also the other affairs that bothers him. He can only sigh and wrap around his arm around his mate's torso. He felt Bai Ying stiffened then relaxed afterwards.

"Stop overthinking too much, Ying'er. Stop it for now. Relax and leave the rest to us." Duan Luan said that made Bai Ying sigh that he didn't know that he's holding for awhile.

"I... I apologize for worrying you and the others. It's just... you know how troubled I am about the matters about those demons and their schemes then... I found an obviously battered and bruised merman. It's just that I'm slowly getting tired of this. I... I want a break even for a while. But it seems that fate wouldn't allow me to... have that. I even feel that I am neglecting you all... I'm sorry." Bai Ying's voice is still. Yet Duan Luan can sense it's shaking.

Duan Luan knows Bai Ying. Guan YongZhong also knows Bai Ying. The two of them know him like the back of their hands. And in this moment, he knows that Guan YongZhong can also feel it. Bai Ying is scared and... tired.

With another sigh, Duan Luan only felt his shoulder a bit heavy. He turned to only see a more relax and sleeping Bai Ying who's head is on his shoulder. He wrapped around his arms around Bai Ying and lifted him up, carrying inside the tent with the commotion still carrying on.

Four head whipped to their direction to only found Bai Ying on Duan Luan's arms.

Sol and Luna suddenly appeared and directed Duan Luan to put Bai Ying on his couch which Duan Luan complied. He knows that Bai Ying may be sleeping but his senses are still on and wanted for the merman to be more comfortable with his presence.

He is not numb after all. He knows that the merman is comfortable with his presence even it's too sudden.

The merman immediately relaxed with Bai Ying's presence that wasn't went unnoticed by the harem.

"So..." Blaze trailed off.

The four men turned to the merman.

"Let us introduce ourselves first and discuss why the hell you are bruised and beaten black and blue out there." Ellis said with authority in his voice that the merman thought that he have no way to escape from this anymore.

"My name is Sebastian. I am also 'The Infamous Vampire King' that everyone is so wary of. I am 205 years old already and have the ability to manipulate my blood and the others at will aside from my natural abilities as a vampire." Sebastian introduced himself while playing the blood from the cup he is holding.