CHAPTER 4: A Mate's Mark [Updated]

While Bai Wang was being beaten up by his daughters, a certain dark red head was pacing back and forth that made his Beta complain. 

"Alpha!" Natsu the Beta roared frustratingly. 

A hand patted on his slouched shoulder that made the poor beta sigh. 

"What's going on with the Alpha? It's been two days already that he is acting strange." Natsu said worriedly to Fuyo the Gamma or the third in command. 

"I have a hunch but I don't know how to open it up to the Alpha." Fuyo said that caught Natsu's attention. 

"Really? What is it? If you know it already, tell me already!" Natsu excitedly shook Fuyo that made the latter smack the former on his head. 

"Stop it already! You're killing me!" Fuyo snarled to the Beta in a fit of anger. 

"Hey! I am still higher than you! How dare you hit me like that?!" Natsu and Fuyo started to bicker that irritated their Alpha and both earned a smack on their heads. 

"Shut up or I'll kill you both!" Blaze roared at the two. 

"Ugh! That hurts!" Natsu started to whimper while covering the bump on his head. 

"Just stop being so childish and grow up, Natsu! You may be higher than me in terms of position but I am still more mature than you!" Fuyo retired to the whining Natsu. 

"What is it, Fuyo? Is there something you want to ask?" Blaze, their Alpha asked. 

Fuyo cleared his throat and then with a straightforward question, he dropped the bomb suddenly that shocked Natsu. "Did you smell your mate, Alpha?" 

Blaze didn't answer and turned. But on his face is a genuine smile that finally crept on his face. 

—————

Sebastian and Bai Ying finally made up their minds after their discussions. And that is to mark Bai Ying after they meet the second mate and let Bai Ying mark Sebastian. 

Marking is a sacred ceremony for the two mated couples before the consummation. It is like an engagement ceremony after one of them receives their mate's mark and marriage when both of them receive each other's marks. It is to also symbolise that someone owns a person and the bigger the mark is, the more powerful their partner is. The mark will also appear in various places on a person's body. And the biggest mark recorded was as big as twelve inches— record from the Lower Realms which Sebastian is a native. But the ones from the Heaven Realm were recorded and kept confidential until now and are being kept by Bai Wang— the Supreme Leader of the Heaven Realm. 

"Do you know what your mark looks like?" Sebastian asked while preparing himself for the ceremony. He is expecting that it will be painful though. Because that is what those who are marked in their realm are always telling about. But he doesn't know about the people like Bai Ying for they are the only race that is way too mysterious that only appears in books and legends. 

"My mother said that my mark was shown the moment I was born. My mother's mark is the crescent moon while my father is the sun. My oldest sister is of a phoenix while my second sister Bai Yang is of lotus. Well, if you take a glance at me last time, you will know what my mark is. It's kinda troublesome to show it to you, y'know? Uhm... I am also not used to showing it though." Bai Ying explained while fidgeting. 

"Hmm. I am always seeing you with Peach-san so I first assume that it'll be a peach flower though." Sebastian acted ignorant because he really saw it. And such a large mark makes him feel afraid that it'll be painful. But seeing Bai Ying anxious for him, he cannot help but to let the pain come because for him, being marked by this person is the greatest luck in his life. 

"Don't worry. It'll be alright." Sebastian said and finally took a seat beside Bai Ying. 

He can feel his blood in a frenzy. Like the time he first met Bai Ying under the peach tree. It is so different and also he mistaken it for his craving for blood. But when Bai Ying looked at him, he realized that he is not craving for blood but for the person who beautifully smiled at his people. 

Bai Ying leaned at him and before Sebastian could react, Bai Ying's lips were already on his. He closed his eyes while savouring the feeling of their kiss until he felt something warm on his back and crawling down to his neck and then ended on the left side of his chest. He felt no pain at all but warmth. He cupped Bai Ying's face and deepened the kiss until they separated with a string of saliva connecting their parted lips. 

The first one who snapped is Bai Ying. The young immortal looked at him and smiled with tears from his eyes. Sebastian panicked but Bai Ying cut it off with a tight hug. 

"Thank you for accepting me." Bai Ying said in between his sobs. 

Sebastian helplessly hugged his mate with a contented smile on his face. "Thank you for being my mate." 

At the same time, Xuan Rong felt a pang from her heart. But she didn't react violently because of it but she silently cried because of happiness as she spoke, "I am glad that you are safe and happy, my dearest A'Ying." 

Bai Ying continuously cried in so much happiness while Sebastian continuously comforted his mate. Until a few moments later, Bai Ying calmed down and fell asleep in the arms of his mate. Sebastian can only sigh and smile in extreme happiness as he laid down with Bai Ying and they slept there peacefully. 

When Sebastian woke up, Bai Ying was still sleeping. He smiled helplessly and then slowly got up from the bed and then realized that his mate is a heavy sleeper. 

He walked just in front of the large mirror and with the see-through robe he was wearing, his eyes widened as he finally realized how big his mark is and what it is. He looked back to his sleeping mate and thought, 'how strong he really is?' 

—————

To be Continued...