11th page : "Intrusion in the court"

Dear diary,

What did I say with the trials already? Ahaha... I'm not crying you are...

So here we go again, another trial has been held today... At least the agriculters must be happy that their recolts will be productive, since it rained half the day for the 4th time in a row.

This time, it isn't one of my friend that has been accused. It's quite the relief, because I think I would have a heart attack if it was the case. My anxiety wouldn't have bear it anymore...

So fortunately for me, Lyney and Lynette were too busy learning a dance that is not a hillichurl ritual's one to do dumb things, and Navia is chilling at the other prison for 3 more days.

I don't know personally the presumed culprit of this case. Nor do I know the accuser... But Wriothesley and I were invited with insistance by monsieur Neuvillette to come anyways, because apparently the man accused is dangerous and we have to help maintening order in the court if he starts to become too much angry. So there is a possibilty that he begins to hurt people... I must stay very vigilant that everything go smoothly, and nothing happens to disturb the process of the trial.

So I'll come back here to write what happened right after the trial's end.

...

So... I'm back. Remember when I said that I will try my best to not let anything or anyone come in the way of the trial proper proceeding ?
Well, you know now that if I say that, it obviously means thay I failed to do my job correctly...

But for my defense, no one could have be prepared to such a turn of events ! At least the archon had fun, that's for sure...

Here is the remake of the events : the trial begins, and we see the man accused of the crime comitted entering the court. He was really intimidating... But nothing too shocking. I mean, I've seen worse even by my young age (sometimes, I think about my life choices when I realise that there could be a literal apocalypse in Fontaine and I wouldn't be too surprised... It also make me question the way that our dear Archon is ruling over the city...).

He stood there without saying a word at first, and looked at every single person present in the room in the eyes. He seemed to be planning something, and not for good. So Wriothesley and I started to be more vigilant and turns our intention mostly towards this guy.

And because of this, we didn't notice Tartaglia making his entrance.

I remember his name. Not because I know him personnaly though. Monsieur Neuvillette immediately noticed however, and directely asked him what he was doing in the middle of the court, interrupting the trial.

The red head replied by saying that he was lost and didn't intend to appear in the middle of this... But the way he said it was weird.

He talked with a panicked, alerted tone. So as he was about to live quickly, I was not far from him so I stood up and grabbed his wrist, making it impossible for him to run away.

Me : And where do you want to go then ? I asked him.

Tartaglia looked at his wrist that I was holding, then he stared at me for a second. He had anger in his eyes. The type of anger that you feel when you wanted to do something and soemone stopped you from it. His expression changed then, ans he seemed to be awkward, because he was scratching the back of his head with his free hand, and couldn't respond to my question. He was at lost for words, clearly.

Tartaglia still proceed to say : "I wanted to see the trial, but it seems I haven't take the right door...".

Neuvillette asked him what seat has he reserved, but Tartaglia looked surprised.