12th page : "Clorinde's dress"

Dear diary,

Today was a special day... I mean on that time, I dont know why but every of my days are special ones... However this time, I say this because I attended to an event !

The said event was a banquet organized by the archon to celebrate a national day. To be precise, on this day exactly 501 years ago, lady Furina stood up for the first time in the Opera Epiclese and held her first trial with monsieur Neuvillette's assistance...

To be honest, I don't really care about it, but the food seemed great and I never attended to a banquet before, so I wanted to know how it looks like...

And this is how I spent this afternoon and night as an honour guest to the banquet because of my job at the Fortress Meropide as the Duc's assistant and trainee... Honestly, I think Im starting to like the priviledge I get from that job... Its almost made me forgot all the struggle that comes with our work for a second. In a way, we deserve those priviledges with all the Gard work that we provide for the nation, especially Wriothesley.

Anyways, it was pretty cool... But of course, nothing ever happens as expected. There is always something that changes the turn of events and make it difficult for us...

So once again, with Wriothesley that I can say I am almost inseperable with at this point, we had to go through it.

And by it, I mean the disorder and polemic that Clorinde's dress made...

To put you in context, during the banquet on the begining of the evening, all the champion duelists present -including Clorinde- had to perform a sort of show where they are fake-fighting infront of everyone to the seek of entertainment.

But before the "show" started, soemone on the stage presented every duelist that would fight tonight... They were all so elegant and well-dress, and so was Clorinde in my opinion.

But some stupid people on the back of the crowd started whispering between them about Clorinde's dress being, apparently, too short.

I saw absolutly no problem with her outfit, but it seems some people did... So when the archon saw the people whispering, she wanted to know what was wrong, and asked them to talk loudly about the issue...

Furina : And so, I am more than happy to declare that the fighting show of our best dualists could start ! Ahah... It sure could, if there was not such whispering in the back of the room... May I know why, some of you are willingly disturbing my speech with your very... High volumed... discussions ? Is something troubling you, my dear guests ?

Guest 1 : Uh...

Guest 2 : It's just that... Well...

Furina : Oh, please ! Don't be so confusing with me, dear guests ! You can go straight to the point without shame, so the festivities can go on !

Guest 3 : Yes, hum... So, truth be told... Isn't miss Clorinde's dress... A bit inapropriated ?...

Yes. He dared to say it. In front of everyone, shamelessly. Like if it was normal. What a cheeky little guy, right ? And then the conversation went on, as the rest of the crowd was listening silently...

Furina : Uh... What do you mean ? I, Focalors... don't see any problem with her clothes.

While lady Furina was speaking with the guy, I could see Clorinde looking at him with so much hatred on her eyes... Understandable.

But suddendly, the crowd started to whisper in all corners of the room : Some were saying that the guy had a point, while others were defending Clorinde by saying that this does not matter how long her dress is or not. The silence was soon replaced by an unsuferrable noise coming from everyone's mouthes, and Wriothesley decided to share his opinion to me too.