CHAPTER 02

here you go my babies 🫶🏾

It's been about a 15 year gap so everyone is older.  I can't go through all their ages because I genuinely can't remember so y'all are gonna have to use your imagination for that 😭

OMNISCIENT
HIDDEN HILLS, LOS ANGELES

"Let's go, we're late to Mazi's," Malia walked out of the hospital, approaching Messiah sat on a bench.

"We're not going to that," He shook his head,

"We can't just not turn up," She touched his shoulder. "Let's at least show our faces and then leave,"

"Why you acting like we didn't just get the worst news we could have gotten?" Messiah asked in confusion,

"Because what difference will it make if I sit here and cry?" Malia questioned. "It won't change anything at all,"

"You need to process it," He explained,

"And I will but right now I want to be around my family," She expressed. "So can we do that?" She asked him.

"I don't think it's a good idea but if that's what you wanna do; then fine," Messiah said taking her hand.

Malia followed after him, getting into the car with him.

Messiah drove off, the results heavy on his mind.

"If I do the surgery, I have a good chance at beating it," She told him quietly.

"I don't want to talk about it Malia," He responded with a huff,

"I am trying to process like you wanted me to," Malia defended,

"Not like that, I don't want to hear about you going through surgery," He shook his head. "I can't lose you — I can't even think about this now,"

Malia grew silent. She was allowing him to have his feelings which he had every right to have.

This wasn't something she would deal with alone.

They had three children who needed her so she had to lean on Messiah, he was her partner.

"We can go home and rest Phat," Messiah suggested after the moments of silence,

"I think I would like to be with people right now, people who don't know I'm sick," She mentioned rubbing her arm.

Messiah put his hand on her thigh, squeezing it gently. "You know I'm here, I'm not going anywhere,"

"I know," Malia nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder as he drove.

"We're gonna get through this, we have to," He said which made her squeeze his hand back.

Malia hadn't had a chance to come to terms with it. It still felt surreal.

It started off as headaches and a few aches and pains before it transformed into cancer.

Her phone buzzed, indicating that her sisters were wondering where she was.

"They act as if I've gone missing," Malia joked answering her texts,