CHAPTER 13

no Naala slander allowed! 🫶🏾

OMNISCIENT
HIDDEN HILLS, LOS ANGELES

"Missing?" Naala repeated in a daze,

"There was no one left in the building ma'am," Her security explained quietly,

"Missing, my daughter, Sevyn, is missing?" Naala looked at him. "Sinai what is he saying?" She reached for her.

"Mama sit down," Sinai said quietly,

"Amir will kill me, I'm finished," Naala collapsed into the chair holding her head. "I'm finished," She kept repeating in Yoruba.

"What are you guys doing about this? Check her tracker," Sinai fumed at security,

"It's been disabled," They informed her,

"I'm finished," Naala began to cry, "My baby, my child," She held her chest.

"Mama, it's okay," Mazi held her hands tightly,

"What is okay?" Naala snapped. "Where is she?" She screamed,

"Calm down," Mazi said again,

"Do not tell me that, find my baby," Naala shouted leaning back in her seat. "I'll do it myself," She stood up abruptly.

"You're not leaving," Aasad stood in front of the door. "This is the safe house, you don't leave," He said firmly.

"Sahir get out of the way," She warned him,

"What are you going to find? Sit down and we'll work something out," He said shaking his head.

"My daughter is out there without me," Naala's voice broke. "She hasn't been without me since she was 4 years old, do you understand that?"

"I get it Ma but you can't, I can't lose you too," Aasad said quietly,

Naala huffed and turned away from him, "Where is Todd?" She said biting her lip.

"Still out there, with Dad," He replied,

Naala closed her eyes and thought hard about their circumstances. She knew things were catching up to her, it was clear.

"They need to be looking for Camille Grace," Naala said quietly. "I knew this day would come, I was waiting,"

"Who is that?" Aasad asked her simply,

"Her mother," She said softly, "That's her mother, her biological mom," She started to cry again.

"What?" Sinai said from behind them. "Mama you said you couldn't find them, that they didn't want to be found,"

"Sevyn came into our lives when I needed her so dearly," Naala began to explain. "Your dad needed her, we both did, I couldn't let them take her from me,"

Sinai groaned and covered her face. "So her family did come looking for her?"

"Of course they did," Naala expressed. "But she's mine, I took care of her, I raised her,"

"No mom that's not how life works," Sinai tutted. "Kane can you get Storm to do a search on Camille Grace, any known addresses, any known acquaintances, anything really, we need to know where she would go,"

"Yeah sure," Aasad started to walk away, but turned back to say. "This is why none of us want to be around you Ma, all you do is lie and cheat to get what you want,"

"That's not fair," Naala said sadly, "She's my baby and I will do anything to protect her,"

"Aasad do what I asked," Sinai narrowed her eyes at him. Once he walked away, Sinai turned to her mom with a fierce rage. "Why do I always have to clean things up for you?" She snapped.