CHAPTER 04

it's been a long time coming but enjoy my loves 💋

OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

"Who is it?" Roman said at his door, cocking his gun,

"It's me Ro," A female's voice came through the door. Roman sucked his teeth, putting his gun up before he pulled the door open.

"Hey," She hugged him as she came in. "I brought you some food, I know you haven't cooked,"

"Shiloh," Roman said lowly, following behind her, "Why you here? I thought you would be in New York by now,"

"I'm leaving tomorrow, come and eat," She said holding her hand out,

"Hi," He kissed the top of her head, patting her ass. "What you bring?" He said taking a seat at the island.

"Some stewed chicken and rice," Shiloh began unloading the tupperware. "How was work today?"

"It was alright," Roman muttered. "I was meant to have Farah tonight,"

"Oh I wanted to stay the night," She paused,

"You can, she likes you," He responded reaching for the food,

"I'm not sure she does, last time she told me to leave her alone," Shiloh frowned. "And I've never met your brother,"

"He looks like me, you're not missing much," Roman laughed,

"Be serious Ro, you're hiding me from your family," She answered. "What is it? Is it because you don't want people to know me?"

"It's not that, I don't introduce girls to my family, it's not only you," He explained,

"Oh so I'm just a girl," Shiloh chuckled leaning against the counter.

"That's not what I meant, it's just that I don't do it," Roman sighed. "It doesn't mean that I don't want you,"

"I know you want me," She said handing him a fork,

"I'm sorry Shi, come here," He sat back on his seat,

"No eat your food," Shiloh sat across from him. "I have so much to do tonight, but I can't even think of where to begin,"

"You need my help?" Roman offered,

"Would you be able to take me to the airport?" She asked him softly,

"Of course, what time is your flight?" He asked her, just as his phone started ringing. "It's my sister, hang on," He picked up the phone.

"Roman," Nairi sniffed into the phone. "Can you come and get me, please?" She said sadly.

"What happened?" Roman shot up,

"I just — please can you come and get me?" She said tearfully,

"Tell me where you are," He rushed to get his car keys. "Shiloh I gotta go," He explained putting his shoes on.

"Oh," Shiloh frowned, "Right now?" She asked him,

"Yes right fucking now," Roman grumbled. "Send me your location Baby," He said to her.

Shiloh watched him closely as he rushed out of the house.

"That's your sister? And you call her Baby," Shiloh asked before he got in the car.

"Bye Shiloh, I ain't got time for that," Roman slammed the door, speeding off.

His sister was his priority at that moment; no one else.