CHAPTER 08

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
there is a spoiler if you read my other book, 'Baby Daddy'.

enjoy my lovessss 🫶🏾

OMNISCIENT
BAY CHURCH, TURKS AND CAICOS

"T what's going on?" Mekhi rubbed her back as she sobbed into his chest. "You've been crying all night, just talk to me?"

"I don't feel well," She sniffed, holding onto him.

"You feel sick?" He said looking down at her.

"I have cramps," Tolani admitted closing her eyes. Mekhi sighed and moved her hair out of the way.

"You wanna go to the hospital?" He suggested,

"No I'll be fine," She answered quietly. "The doctor said I should expect some cramps,"

"You're having a miscarriage Tolani, don't hide it," Mekhi spoke lowly. "I can get a doctor to come out here, rather than us going anywhere,"

Tolani didn't respond, instead she cried harder.

"Why is this happening to us?" She wailed. "Why can't we just be happy?"

"I don't know," Mekhi mumbled reaching for his phone. He called the only person he knew could help.

"Selah, my baby boy, how are you?" Naala picked up the phone with a soft voice, as usual.

"I'm fine mom but it's Tolani," He said trying to hush her tears. "She's having a miscarriage, I think," He added.

Naala muttered under her breath before she responded. "My doctor can come and see her but Papa, you should come to the house, I can take care of you,"

"Mama, my wife needs me; I don't need you to take of me," Mekhi said in a low voice.

"Well I am only trying to help my love, I'll call the doctor and I will be there soon, give me the address," She answered.

"I don't think you need to come," He replied,

"Selah that wasn't a question, give me the address," Naala replied more sternly.

Mekhi knew that she was not in the mood to argue with him, just by the tone of her voice.

"I'll text it to you, thanks Ma," He said into the phone.

"You are very welcome my love," She sang hanging up.

"I bet she's saying I told you so," Tolani sniffed in tears.

"No she's not, she's coming over to help," Mekhi said sitting up. "Are you bleeding too?" He checked the bed.

"Yes," She sobbed into her hands.

Mekhi blew out a breath and helped her up out of the bed, seeing the blood laying beneath her.

"Go wait for me in the bathroom," He told her, preparing to clean the bed up.

Tolani walked to bathroom sluggishly and started the shower, unable to process the pain she was in.

Mekhi cleaned up and waited for the doctors arrival, hoping there would be good news.

"My mom is here; I'll be right back," He said checking in on Tolani in the bathroom.

Her head was leaned against the shower door and her eyes were clenched shut.

"I don't want her to see me like this," Tolani shook her head,

"She understands T," Mekhi responded before he left the bedroom.

Tolani was wondering how she would have hid this, the pain was too much for her to bear alone.