CHAPTER 06

part proof read but enjoy my lovessss 😘😘

15 YEARS AGO
OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

"What's the matter Princess? You can't sleep?" Dave hung by the girls bedroom, cradling Nairi in his arms.

"She cries too much," Storm complained blinking at Nairi,

"Because she's just a baby Storm, she was all wrapped up inside your mama and now she's out here, in the big world," He explained,

"Does she have to cry that much though?" She mugged,

"She's not crying now is she?" Dave laughed sitting on the edge of the bed. "Tell me why you can't sleep,"

"I don't know, I had a bad dream," Storm admitted. "It was so scary daddy, like so scary,"

"Tell me about it, as long as there was no aliens," He joked getting comfortable with Nairi on his chest before turning to her.

"You were gone and mama was gone." She whispered. "Even Ro and Reign, everyone was gone and I was alone,"

"That's never going to happen," Dave reassured her. "I'm not going anywhere and neither is your mom, no one is leaving you,"

"Ever?" Storm looked up at him.

"I will never ever leave you Stormie." Dave said firmly, leaning down to kiss her head.

PRESENT TIME ...

"He said he would never leave," Storm stared into the distance, while Reign sat beside her.

"I don't think he wants to Storm, it's life," Reign said to her,

"I know but I don't want him to go, I —" She paused when her eyes watered.

"You can cry, it won't hurt," He responded nudging her shoulder,

"It will," Storm shook her head. "Everything hurts, all the time,"

"You wanna talk about it?" Reign asked. He knew how Storm could be, especially when she was in her feelings.

She wasn't a talker, Reign knew how to handle her.

"Not really," Storm sighed sitting up, "We can go back in the house, I don't want to make this all about me, it's about daddy,"

"But you're allowed to have your own feelings, he's your dad, shit I could cry too," Reign said with a chuckle.

Storm looked at him and sighed, "What are we going to do Reign?"

"I don't know," He looked out at the driveway. "But I'm gonna take Farah home, I don't think this talk of death is a good idea,"

"Can I come with you? I just --"

"You don't have to explain Stormie," He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "You can come and stay with me, we can watch a movie and get a pizza, we haven't eaten yet,"

"Thank you," She smiled putting her head on his shoulder. He rubbed her arm soothingly as they sat in a comfortable silence.

"Let's go," She blew out a breath, standing up. Reign stood with her, letting her back into the house before him.

"This is not the time to be arguing," Sinai said to Aamirah and Mazi. "We have to be there for them," She said to them quietly.

"I'm not doing that, surely we can get another opinion," Mazi shook her head. "You're a doctor, what would you suggest?" She asked Sinai,

"I would suggest we let him go peacefully, without pumping him with unnecessary drugs." Sinai said in response.

Mazi shook her head and walked away, she hated how Sinai could never listen to anything that she didn't agree with.