CHAPTER 10

enjoy my loves 🫶🏾🫶🏾
please vote and comment so I know what you're thinking and if I should keep writing !

THAT SAME DAY
OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

"Why are the sad faces?" Sonia said sitting in her seat, looking around at everyone.

"Mama you didn't say you were coming," Dave leaned down to her.

Naala rolled her eyes and went across the room, keeping out of the way as she usually did when Sonia came around.

"Isn't she too old for this?" Malia muttered to Aamirah,

"Way too old," Aamirah nodded in agreement. Ayla laughed beside her mom, making Aamirah pinch her playfully.

"Mom just — come here," Laina pulled her mom into a different room. "Are you drunk?" She stared at her.

"Drunk, never," Sugar hiccuped, proving that she was indeed drunk.

"Mom really? You're really doing this today?" Laina sighed getting her a bottle of water.

"I am not drunk Laina stop it," Sugar snapped pushing the water away.

"You were really horrible to his family," Laina leaned on the counter, "I don't usually bring you around for that very reason,"

"Well I'm sorry I embarrassed you," Sugar mumbled reaching into her purse for a cigarette.

"No," Laina grabbed it. "Can you go out there and tell them you were joking, please?"

"I wasn't joking," Sugar laughed wiping her face. "It did look like a KFC in there, have you made any fried chicken? I'm sure they'll be looking for it," She continued to laugh.

"Mom, mom," Laina grabbed her arms. "Please, you can't be drunk today, I have something to tell you,"

"What is it?" Sugar squinted at her.

"Me and Reign are getting married," Laina showed her the ring,

"Finally, your eggs won't last forever," Sugar chuckled to herself. "Now pour me a drink and stop being so sensitive," She waved her off.

Reign stuck his head into the kitchen, giving Laina a reassuring smile.

"Help," Laina whispered with a frown. Reign cleared his throat and stepped into the kitchen.

"Miss Sugar, how are you?" He said wrapping his arms around Laina,

"I heard about your little proposal," Sugar commented pointing at Laina. "Will your entire family be there? We might need two churches,"

"Mom," Laina sighed,

"Actually we might," Reign laughed squeezing Laina's waist. "We can't even fit on one plane,"

Laina laughed lightly, looking up at him. "Thank you," She said softly.

"Let's eat," He kissed her cheek softly.

"Yes, let's eat," Sugar smiled falsely, taking her drink from the side.

Laina looked to Reign for assistance,

"I'll get my family to the table, stop stressing, the food is good right?" He joked touching her face.

"You know how they can be, can you talk to them?" Laina pouted.

"Sure." Reign kissed her lips softly before he walked back out to the living area. "Y'all, hey," He shouted making them all settle down.

"No drama at dinner, ignore her mama, she's crazy," He explained to his family.