CHAPTER 05

OMNISCIENT
SILICON VALLEY, LOS ANGELES

"Are you done?" Naala asked Dave softly, "You're shouting Amir but we have things to do,"

"Am I fucking done?" He shouted back at her. "Who let her out the house that day?"

"You, you said she could go once she did her homework," Naala said brushing her hair in the mirror.

"Why you acting like nothing has happened, our daughter is in the next room afraid her life is over La." Dave grumbled,

"Okay and I said I will handle it," She snapped. "Shouting at me as if I'm a single parent is going to piss me off,"

"It's going to piss you off?" Dave laughed loudly. "Naala get the fuck out of my face before I get mad,"

"Get mad, doesn't change the fact that your daughter doesn't listen," Naala shrugged, slipping into her robe.

"You're just gonna sleep?" He looked at her,

"No I'm going to console our daughter and I would like to be comfortable," She answered putting her wedding ring to the side.

"Why are you ignoring this whole thing? You're about to make me so mad Naala I swear to God," Dave shouted again,

"Someone has to deal with all this mess," Naala shouted back. "You think you're the only one with a voice Amir? I can shout too,"

"Man," He sighed walking into the bathroom,

"I don't understand why you're trying to blame me for this," Naala followed him,

"She's your daughter, pay attention to her," Dave shouted,

"Fuck you," She cursed. "I mean it Amir, fuck you, she is ours, not just mine,"

"Fuck me?" He shouted back,

"Yes fuck you," Naala shouted. "Get the fuck out, I don't need you,"

"Yeah we'll see about that in the morning Naala." Dave stormed out of their bedroom, slamming the door.

"Daddy," Nairi jumped up when he left the room, wiping her tears quickly.

"You should go to bed," He said in response,

"I really want to talk to you both, I - I made a mistake," She said in tears,

"A mistake baby?" Dave snapped at her. "A mistake is forgetting to do your homework, or forgetting to turn the hot water off, not having sex,"

"I'm sorry," She sobbed,

"Amir don't you dare make my daughter feel bad," Naala came out of the room, pulling Nairi into her.

"Here you go," Dave grumbled.

"Can you two not fight right now and just listen to her?" Sevyn stressed,

"Don't Sevyn," Nairi shook her head quickly,

"I'm sorry but this is for your safety Baby," Sevyn said apologetically. "He raped her; it wasn't consensual,"