CHAPTER 14

hope you enjoy 🫶🏾

OMNISCIENT
PEACHTREE PARK, ATLANTA

"I'm not hungry," Sevyn pushed a plate away from her,

"Okay," Noel shrugged his shoulders. "Mom she said she's not hungry," He called out.

"Max darling have something eat," Camille appeared in the doorway. "You can't keep on with this hunger strike, it's stupid," She snapped at her.

"I don't want to eat," Sevyn huffed getting up from the table,

"Fine be a brat," Noel laughed taking her plate instead. "Mama you should talk to her about that," He mentioned when Sevyn slammed her bedroom door.

"I have more important things to worry about," Camille checked her phone. "Look at this," She handed it to him.

"That's the King?" Noel tilted his head. "She's hot," He said with his mouth full of Sevyn's rice.

"Focus," She sucked her teeth. "I hit every location but she's still breathing, how is that possible?" She groaned.

"Why do you have to kill her?" He responded, genuinely asking.

"I don't have to, I want to," Camille emphasised. "I lost over 15 years with my child," She shook her head.

"I get that but killing her and their whole family won't make Sevyn want to stay with us," Noel responded with a shrug.

"Her name is Maxine, not that stupid number they gave her," She sighed. "Imagine, they named her after a number, like she didn't even matter,"

"I don't think that's true," He spoke. "She was well looked after, hell, she could have gone to a worse off family,"

Camille didn't want to hear it. To her, Sevyn deserved to be with them, not the Brewster's.

"Ma'am," Her security rushed into the room,

"What now?" Camille closed her eyes in frustration,

"We got them," He announced making her eyes fly open.

"When and where?" She turned to him quickly.

"Downtown, a hibachi restaurant, turns out they like to eat in public," The guard said handing her the phone with the details.

Camille cheered, breaking out into a loud laugh. "Let's see how their King will deal with this," She chuckled shaking her head.

Meanwhile, the Brewster's were fighting for their lives.

Storm tried to lift her head up but the deafening ringing in her ears made it difficult.

"Alaiya," Storm coughed trying to reach for her sister but the dust and debris in the air shortened her sight.

"Help," Storm shouted weakly, waving her hand as much as she could.

She couldn't see the rest of her siblings, just what was left of the restaurant they were in.

There was an obscene amount of rubble on the ground and a piercing smell of burning.

"Storm," Malia coughed quietly reaching for her,

"Phat," Storm huffed trying to get to her. "My - my leg is stuck," She said in fear mixed with pain.

"Don't move," Malia wheezed turning over. She pushed the rubble off her, taking a breath. "Boog," She pushed Messiah's arm.