Chapter 8

— Sieun! Can you come and taste it?

The duo had arrived at Sieun's house about half an hour ago since he had said that it was better if they both ate at his house, the boy's father was away anyway, they weren't going to have any interruptions at home, and that was what Sieun wanted at that moment.

The boy got up from the kitchen stool, he had spent almost ten minutes sitting there, watching the girl move around the kitchen, she talked, telling him some anecdotes about her life, like the time she met Sooho, or rather, the time she broke Sooho's nose, when she almost put her own eye out at her grandmother's house, or when she almost ended up in the correctional facility with Sooho because they entered private property without even knowing it.

When Sieun stood next to Heejin, he managed to see how there were quite a few things on the counter in the place, in addition to the ramen she was making, there was a little bit of kimchi, some vegetables and other things that he didn't know how she had gotten in such a short time, mostly because he was sure he didn't have any of that in his refrigerator. — Oh, come, taste it. — The girl called when she noticed him next to her, she put the spoon in front of him so he could try the food.

When he did it, he swear he had never felt his taste buds come to life in his mouth. The taste of the food was splendid, so much so that Heejin could notice how the boy was silent for a second, but his eyes looked at the spoon in her hands and they had a strange glow to them.

He liked it, well done Heejin.

She thought, smiling when she saw that look in his eyes, she put the spoon aside before turning off the heat and beginning to serve what she had on the two plates she had previously taken out.

— You did that?

The girl looked at him when he spoke, almost offended by his question. —Hey, you saw me do it, never doubt my culinary skills.—  She told him, starting to take the plates before the boy followed her, taking the others that were in the place, when they were both at the table, ready to eat, Heejin took her chopsticks, taking something from a small container in middle of the table.

Sieun squinted, looking at the food, it didn't look unpleasant, but he didn't know what it was, and it made him distrustful. —What's that?

— My special dish, it has no name, I made it one day and I liked it... Do you want to try it? — Sieun looked at the food before seeing the girl, sighing before deciding to please her, she had put too much effort into making the food for him not to want to try it.

Then, the boy nodded, and was going to open his mouth, hoping that the girl would feed him like she usually does, like in the restaurant a few days ago, however, this time, she just handed him the plate before she started to eat, Sieun pursed his lips and looked at her for a second, feeling a discomfort in his stomach, however, he took the food, it was good, very good to tell the truth, he didn't know that the girl had that culinary touch that was very difficult to get.

— How often does your father cook? It seems like you just bought that refrigerator, there are only bottles of water in there... — Heejin asked when she finished swallowing the bite she had brought to her mouth, Sieun saw the position she had to eat, her feet were bent, she is sitting with both legs crossed in the chair.

It's going to be difficult for her to digest.

Placing hid eyes on her face again, he could see how she was looking at him with curiosity, however, he also noticed the small stain of sauce on her jaw.

She really can't eat without making a mess right?

The boy did not answer, standing up from his chair, leaving Heejin confused, however, she saw him return a second later with a couple of napkins and leave them on the table. — Do not cook.