Chapter 16

The trio had gone to Bumseok that same morning after leaving the girl's house, he let them into his house and told them how bad he had been at his previous school, caused by the same guys as last night, the karaoke guys, Heejin felt bad about it, she didn't know what it was to be bullied.

Maybe, if they had to give her a role, between bullying and being bullied, Heejin would be an aggressor, but it was the simple fact that she couldn't keep quiet about the things she was told, she always had an answer, for everything. And if they went to the punches, she wasn't going to let herself be beaten either, although she wouldn't be the first to start the fist, she would only return them if necessary, but she knew that Bumseok, at least, saw that he wasn't of that kind.

At least, she thought that until everyone went to the karaoke to face those idiots, which didn't turn out so bad, but it did end up with Sooho and Bumseok arguing and the last one leaving the place upset by the situation.

And all because the boy didn't want to let him keep hitting the idiot who used to hit him.

And Heejin understood that, she knew that Sooho drew a line always, in any situation, a boundary that they had to respect, he and the people involved in the conflict, it was simple.

If you had the chance: "Don't cross the line, don't become one of them"

If you didn't have the means or skill: "Never hurt yourself from a fight, it's not worth it"

The boy repeated it to her so much in their friendship that she recorded it in her head, and shared his thoughts.

— You don't have to multiply, you'll get more than what the answer is. — Sieun told his girlfriend, the girl was making an equation, out of the many, that had been assigned to them in class, and having not paid attention, she didn't understand exactly what it was that she had to do.

— ¿Uhm?

— Are you paying attention to what i'm telling you? — He asked, looking at the girl, who seemed to have woken up from some trance, looking at him with attentive and somewhat confused eyes.

— No, I'm sorry... — The girl straightened up, blinking so she could better see the exercise she had in her notebook before swallowing and begin to solve the problem.

Sieun looked at her attentively, noticing how she solved the exercise after a minute and a quick glance at her notes, she closed her book and notebook after a moment, looking at her boyfriend with a smile, leaning over the table. — is something wrong?

— Uhm? No, it's all right, just... I didn't sleep much last night, I'm sorry if I wasted your time and--

— I wouldn't mind explaining the whole math book to you if you asked me, Hee, but I feel like you're not fine... Is there anything in your head that's bothering you? — The girl looked at him for a second, going through every faction of his face, stopping at those pretty round, bright eyes he had, she smiled, taking his hand and giving it a slight squeeze before starting to play with his fingers.

— It's okay, kitten, I just stayed up last night watching a movie... I didn't sleep well and I'm very sleepy. — This assured him before the boy asked again, of course he did not believe her, of course not, however, he did not want to press her, so, nodding, he stroke the back of her hand with his thumb.

— Sleep then, here. — The boy made a space on his desk, moving some books he had on his desk, touching it slowly so that she could sense that she could lie there. — I'll wake you up when it's lunchtime.

The girl smiled tenderly as she heard that. — No, I'm going to sleep at my desk, I don't want to bother you. — Sieun looked at the girl's desk before seeing her, pulling her chair slightly toward him, Heejin sighed, refusing, releasing the grip, stood up, giving him a small smile before bending down a bit. — Keep studying, honey, I'll see you later, okay? — She whispered to him before leaving a caress on his hair and moving away from the place with her notebooks in her hands.