chapter 4 .

╰┈➤ season 1 ⋆ the summer i turned pretty

.ೃ࿐ ⋆·˚

      after dinner, jasmine left to go to her room. 
trying her best to escape belly as she tried to get her to "midnight swim." she hid from steven and jere, since she knew they were going to get her to go to the bonfire.
the first party, or "bonfire" that kicks off summer was always thrown around the time steven and belly came. which was perfect timing for them, but not for jasmine.

.    .    .

jasmine sat in her room, her 1989 cd could be heard from down the hallway.
she hummed along to wonderland, until a firm knock was heard on her door. she groaned, and rolled her eyes at the wall.

"come in..." she muttered.

then, in came steven, who's hair was still wet from his shower.

"need something?" she asked, her eyes nervously darting around the room.
"uh, yeah actually. i was wondering if you wanted-"
"hard pass, sorry steven."
"i didn't even finish," he said, giving her a look.
"you're asking me to go to the bonfire, right?"
his eyes shifted quickly and he smiled innocently at her.
"no?"
"then, what were you going to ask?"

he stood there for a minute, messing with her doorknob.
he let out an exasperated sigh, "fine, i was gonna to ask you to the bonfire," he finally admitted.
"called it, and no thanks."

steven groaned dramatically, and fell onto her bed. making the mattress bounce beneath jasmine.

"pretty, pretty please jazz?" he begged, and sat up to look at her.
jasmine blinked at him, and her mind went fuzzy. but she was able to keep her composure, and played it off by sighing into her hands, "no steven, i really don't want to."
"but why not?"
"cause' they'll be so many people. i don't like a lot of people.."
he shrugged, "what if i swore to stick with you the entire time?"
"i severely doubt you will."
"i will! i will, i swear. jazzy please, please, please!"
"oh my god! why are you so persistent?"
"you never come when we ask you! plus you'd be reading books all night. you need go get out and make actual friends-"
jasmine scoffed loudly, which quickly shut him up, "okay rude."
"i won't leave until you say yes..?" he said in a sing-songy tone.
"nope."
"then, you leave me no choice."
she looked at him weirdly, and watched him get up, and go to her cd player.
"steven..." she scolded in a low tone.
he opened it, and the music came to an abrupt stop. he pulled the 1989 cd from the cd player, while jasmine watched him sourly.
he walked to her window, and looked over at her one last time to see if she'd catch on. she didn't, so he had to go farther.
"steven..!" she yelped, as he opened up her window.

she got up from her bed and made her best effort to grab the cd from his hand.
"please! not again!"
"then come to the party!"
"this is all for the party? what the hell is wrong with you?!" she struggled to grab it from his arm. trying to stop him before he dropped it out the window.