chapter 6 .

╰┈➤ season 1 ⋆ the summer i turned pretty

                                  .ೃ࿐ ⋆·˚

     jasmine got up to get another bottle of water, after she chugged the rest of her remaining water.
parties like this made it known how boring she was. she was drinking water, and was overwhelmed with the blasting music in her ears. how lame is that?
     with all the thoughts in her head, she didn't see the boy in-front of her. by the time she noticed, it was already too late, and she collided with his shoulder.

"i'm so sorry-" she apologized, and spun around to face the person he knocked into.
he shook his head, "that was all me—"   
      she immediately stopped as she looked up at the familar strawberry blonde boy.
"oh my god.." jasmine blinked slightly.
    the boy raised an eyebrow at her, looking around, just a little bit confused.
"is there something on my face..?"
she realized she was staring and immediately shook her head, "no, no! it's just... are you... uh.. elliot?"
the 'elliot' in question raised his eyebrows, "yes..?"
"dog-walker boy?"
he laughed, "that's me?"
"god, sorry, i'm being weird.. um... i'm jasmine?"
    elliot paused. trying to decipher the name in his head. a smile appeared on his face when he remembered.

"you stay at the nice beach house. with.. your brothers right?"
"yep," the girl laughed, "god, i feel like i haven't seen you in so long."
he thought for a moment, "yeah. i haven't seen you since sara's party."
"wow," she cleared her throat, "how have you.. uh.. been?"
"great, yeah. you?"
"never better," jasmine gave him a smile, "do you still dog walk?"
elliot nodded, "yeah, surprisingly. i mean, i just love dogs."
"i'm more of a cat person," she joked.
        he laughed lightly, and shook his head.

       then, the 2 fell into an awkward silence. not exactly knowing what to talk about.

     elliot scrounged his brain for a conversation  starter, and finally found one in his scattered mind.
"do you... uh want me to refill your drink?"
"oh sure."
"what'd you have?"
"water."
     he stopped walking back to the cooler, and looked back at jasmine.
"really? a water?"
"i don't drink," she shrugged.
"figured," he said, and went to retrieve a water bottle. he handed it over to her with a smile.
     she thanked him, and shuffled around the empty bottle and cup with her full bottle of water she had in her hands.
"just toss it on the floor."
"i don't litter either."
"so, you're that type of girl?"
     jasmine gave him a frown as she placed her empty bottle into her empty red solo cup for less clutter in her hands.
"what's that supposed to mean?"
"ah... um nothing."
     she decided to ignore whatever he was trying to imply, and looked around for any sort of trash can, or anything.
"there's no trash here, is there?" she mumbled, as she looked around.
"huh?"
"nah, nothing," she dismissively waved a hand at him, "so, who invited you?"
"oh.. uh my friend invited me..."
"cool."
"what about you.. why are you.. uh here?"
"my family friend invited me."
"oh coo—"