chapter 8 .

╰┈➤ season 1 ⋆ the summer i turned pretty

                                  .ೃ࿐ ⋆·˚

jasmine woke up that morning. she rubbed her eyes and messed with her unkept hair. the events of last night was enough excitement for a while.
with a lot of force, she dragged herself out of bed, and went downstairs.
in the kitchen, she found jeremiah and steven at the stove, while laurel sat at the counter. it took jasmine a minute or 2 to locate conrad's close to lifeless body on the couch.

"morning.." she said lazily.
"morning jasmine," laurel greeted.
"morning sunshine," jeremiah said, and shot his sister a smile.
steven barley spared her a glance, "you look like hell, what happened? do more than 3 waters make or you hungover or something?"
"don't be an ass steven," laurel scolded.
jasmine gave him a sarcastic smile, and a discreet middle finger.

she walked over to the couch, and barley listened to the instinct chatter about her mother's portraits.

she plopped down at the couch, close to conrad's feet.
"hungover?" she asked. he nodded, before he closed his eyes.
"i figured," jasmine muttered.
the boy sunk further into the couch, but he sat back up immediately at the sound of the blender.

jasmine tuned back into the conversation between the 3 in the kitchen.
"just sit for your portraits. i don't see conrad or jasmine complaining."
"he'll complain when he's conscious," jeremiah said, and walked over to the couch.
he handed his 'hangover smoothie' to conrad, who gladly accepted it, "hey, here."
"thanks," conrad said, and took the drink from him.
all the while steven started complaining.
"come on man, hurry your ass up. all right? i can't be late for my first day of work.
"we won't, we're good."
"come on, man," steven slapped jeremiah's ass, "those old country club boomers are gonna tip me so hard they wont know what hit em'."

jasmine watched him do some weird motion with his crotch, and grimaced.

"steven," laurel scolded, "i swear."
"what?"
"come on laurel, my boy's gotta get that bread."
"thank you..!"

belly made her entrance into the kitchen.

"belly, where have you been?" laurel asked, "is that a bruise?"
"um— i... bumped into someone."
"bumped into someone?"

laurel touched the bruise, and belly turned to look at conrad and jasmine.

"doesn't look that bad," conrad said. jasmine nodded in agreement, she figured it was from the party last night.

"uh.. cereal?" jeremiah asked belly after laurel stopped inspecting her bruise.
"yeah, hit me," she replied.
"sure," he immediately poured her a bowl of cereal.

jasmine leaned her head back on the couch, and closed her eyes. but peace didn't last long, because her mother had ran into the room with exciting news, which alerted her quickly.