chapter 10 .

╰┈➤ season 1 ⋆ the summer i turned pretty

.ೃ࿐ ⋆·˚

the drive home from a failed date crashing was completely silent. no one had dared to say a word.

  then when steven pulled into the driveway, jasmine was the first to hop out. she didn't say a word as she stepped out of the car, and into the house.
  she went immediately up to her room, and fell down onto her bed. a few minutes of silence pass, and she hears a knock at her door.
"come in," she said.

she sat up, and sat at the edge of her bed, when her mom came into her room. she smiled at jasmine, and sat down next to her.

"how are you, sweetie?" she asked.
"i'm okay," she shrugged.
"you sure? the boys said you looked sad."
jasmine laughed awkwardly, "they'd be wrong. cause' i'm fine."
"does this have something to do with belly?"
"nope.." the debutante letter popped into her mind.
"taylor?" her mom asked.

jasmine had totally forgotten that taylor was coming to the beach house for belly's birthday.
she was never too close to taylor. in short, she never really liked taylor. nothing was wrong with her really. something just ticked jasmine off whenever she was there.

jealousy.
( and because she was awfully bossy. )

she was jealous because she was closer to belly. she was jealous because she liked steven.
that didn't matter, though. jasmine had learned to push away her feelings for steven to the back of her brain. taylor shouldn't be a threat, because what was she a threat to? nothing.

"no, of course not. taylor's.. great."
her mom chuckled, "i believe you jasmine."

her mother stared at her for a moment, a faint smile was on her face, as she ran a hand through her hair.
"you know i'm here for you, jazzy."
she nodded slowly, "no... yeah. i know that."

  she hugged her, and got up to walk out of her room.
jasmine watched confusingly, "love you mom."
"i love you too."

  jasmine watched her mom leave, and shut the door. the only sound that filled her room was the silent sound of the waves outside.

.    .    .

  a/n | heyy. so, just a heads up, i'm writing taylor like book taylor. cause in the show, they really spared some of her annoyingness from the first book. SO YEAH. BELLY'S BIRTHDAY. YAYY😅😅