prologue .

june 11th , 2012

  a 7 year old jasmine stood with her hands bunched in susannah's floral dress. her face pressed tightly into her back. she shyly hid
from the people she would soon call family.
  the 2 children that jasmine didn't quite know yet, watched her curiously stand behind susannah. the little boy had interest sparked beneath his brown eyes, whilst the little girl blinked slowly.

  susannah let out a breath, and glanced around at everyone.
"we wanted to introduce someone to you, belly, and steven," she started, then glanced at the woman standing behind them, "and of course, laurel."

  susannah glanced over at her boys, and gave them a gentle smile they returned.
  jasmine has already took a liking to her brothers. she was shy at first, as always, but she's been warming up to them.

  she then glanced over at her brother, conrad, and he gave her a small nod of reassurance.
  she looked away, and back up at her mother. feeling her gentle hands pry her  off of her skirt.
"can you introduce yourself jaz?" she asked her softly.
"i'm... um... i'm... jasmine... fisher.." she said quietly. she barley looked up from her spot on the carpet.

  her mother smiled. she beamed proudly at how perfectly she executed what she helped her practice.
"fisher?" the other little girl in the room asked, "but that's your last name, susannah."
susannah chuckled, "and it's her last name too."
"who is she?" the boy asked.
  jasmine didn't quite get why they were asking so many questions.

"i said i'm jasmine..." she said, bravely looking up at him for about a second before she looked down again.
  her other brother jeremiah laughed, and she could already imagine the smile that came with it.
"she said she's jasmine," he repeated.
the boy scoffed, "yeah i know jere," he said with an eye roll.

  jasmine giggled softly, and looked up at her mother, who was smiling proudly down at her.
"welcome to the beach house, sweetie. you're shining brightly already," she said down at her.

  she thought her mother had a weird way of speaking, but she liked it. she liked it a lot.

                                    .    .    .

  e d i t e d 7/31

a / n - hellooo, i edited the prologue because the first one bothered. this still isn't my best, but it's better.
     first chapter will be out soon! thank you B)