Chapter 5 - 1

"Cyno said he'd be going to the Sanctuary of Surasthana to solve a problem..." Collei murmured.

That couldn't mean any good.

The Sanctuary of Surasthana was where the Dendro Archon dwelled. She was most likely accompanied by the Balladeer, so she could watch over him, and get him to help with some things.

That would be the only way he could've done anything to the sacred Irminsul.

"Oh Archons... I gotta go," I whispered, swallowing the lump in my throat.

...

Thoughts rushed through my head as I travelled to the city, where the Sanctuary was.
What was Cyno planning? Did he want to ask the Dendro Archon about the Irminsul? But in theory, she wouldn't remember, and that would damage the Irminsul even further.

Or perhaps Cyno was looking for the Balladeer. But what would that do?... The only thing they would do was end up in a bloody fight, with a consequence I didn't want to even imagine.

It took a while, but I managed to reach the city. Once again, the streets were filled with people. Honestly, I always made it clear that I hated crowds, but I actually enjoyed a busy, bustling atmosphere. But my ears didn't let me savour it.

I rushed up the winding paths that spiralled up the Divine Tree. The Sanctuary of Surasthana sat at the very top level. Not fun.

Everything started to seemingly go in slow-motion as the Sanctuary came in sight. My legs moved as fast as they could, but it wasn't fast enough.

I had to know what was happening. And I had to know if Cyno was okay.

Dread and remorse still lingered in my mind. I shouldn't have gotten so mad at Cyno.

Our argument was probably the reason he decided to go do something stupid like trying to talk to an Archon or facing off with a former Fatui Harbinger.

At last, I reached the Sanctuary of Surasthana. I stared at the large double doors that led inside.

"Alright..." I mumbled, "Time to open the door."

As I reached for the doors, something, or someone, was launched right out of them. I leapt to the side, dodging narrowly.

"WHAT THE FU-

"Nice moves for a piece of dirt."

"Shut your stank mouth, bowl cut. This is why your mum left you."*

It was the very thing I dreaded-- Cyno had decided to go and pick a fight with bowl cut- I mean, the Balladeer himself.

"Cyno, you idiot! What the heck are you doing here with a stab wound?" I shouted.

"Revenge," he replied coolly, bleeding at the mouth not very coolly.

The Balladeer stared at the two or us, laughing maniacly.

"You really think you stand a chance against me?" he exclaimed, putting one hand on his overly big hat, "I tried escaping my nightmares, my trauma, my own mother, and you and that furry have brought it back. I'll make sure you know your lowly place--

Cyno lunged towards the Balladeer, his polearm in front of him. The blow was dodged with ease. The Balladeer then proceeded to fly into the air.

"Come back down if you aren't a poosay," Cyno shouted, "This is why your mum-

The Balladeer started firing glades of wind towards me and Cyno. It seemed he had an Anemo vision. Celestia really messed up giving him such a priceless item.

I leapt away from the firing rather easily, but I could see Cyno getting hit by a few of them. Swiftly, I reached to grab his ankle, and yanked him back into the Sanctuary with me.

"Ugh, You're bleeding again!" I growled, digging out some bandages.

"It's just a few light slashes. Besides, he's gonna come charging through--

The Balladeer indeed came charging through, and before I could react to it.

My movements felt so slow compared to the Balladeer's. It was no use trying to dodge anything. My mind was working faster than the speed of sound but my body was... frozen.

I watched helplessly as a blade of wind sped towards me. It was at the level of my neck, and seemed to have enough force to sever my head off clean.

Why was I just watching? Why wouldn't my body move?

What a shameful end.

(710 words)

*Cyno doesn't know about the Balladeer's past but I just wanted to add a your mum joke for no reason and I know Cyno doesn't joke around in his 'work mode' but love messed him up or something so yeah don't attack me or bark at me please thanks