Chapter 4

Adeline POV

I don't know how long I skate for trying to expel the thoughts running through my fucked up head.

The image of deep green eyes staring deep into my one's. The image disappears as soon as it appear replaced with a image of a hand in my waist lifting me in the air so I can perfect my turn. Yet again the image is replaced a wedding ring slipped onto my finger.

I can remember that day like it was yesterday, nearly two years ago. We had been underage so we had to get married in one of those fucked up country where you can get married at 10. We were only fifteen and mad in love.

The song was classical as I walked down the aisle. Classic was always are favourite to listen to and skate to it was power and strong. Just like us. But that's where we were wrong. We were strong just not strong enough.

My eyes flash open and I finished the program I was skating. I had done with my eyes closed thinking of the past, the life we could have had. That will never be. Maybe we were mad for thinking we could ever had it.

I change quickly and head out to see the others they sitting outside the rink like we always do. Flora, Dean, Sophie, Amon and me. We that's not strictly true Amon wouldn't leave my side he would follow me into the changing room. He's the reason we were always 20 minutes late out.

We would come out with our shirts inside out or back to front but to make it even more obvious we had clear sex hair. When we came out they would start laughing and I would turn to him and rap my legs around this waist hiding my head in this neck so one one saw the red scorching my checks.

I'm about 26 feet away from them when they notice I'm there. What amazing assassin they are! They look up at me and I smile I turn to Amon to see what he's doing and realise he's not there.

I stop in my tracks trying to get my breathing under control, staring at the place where my : husband, best friend, lover, confident, ally, second in command, pain in the ass should be but isn't because he's not here anymore.

I turn quickly when I hear my name being called. My face is a mask of stone and ice give it nothing of the panic and pain of a few moments ago.

"You ready?" Flora calls
"Yes sorry forgot to eat this morning,"

Six hours later

"The Germans attacked another one of are shipment!" I can hear the rage in Deans voice I'm a angry to but he needs to learn to hide it better.

" How much did we lose?" My face gives nothing away, I'm the perfect image of what I'm supposed to be. A cold hearted, cruel, merciless, mafia Donna of New York.

"1 million." He says nothing more the tension in the room is deathly. I know what he wants me to do, but I won't. I won't kill him.

"No!" I say steel and firm
"You have to what other way is there?"
"I won't do it!" Dean flys out of his chair and towards me. I can feel his breath on my face. He's the only one who can do a thing like this. If it was anyone else I would kill them.

"Why not?" I don't respond and just stare at him, begging him with my eyes to leave the subject alone but of course he doesn't.
"Why not?"
"Why not?"
"Why not?"
"Why not?" He repeats it again and again till I can no longer bare it and say.
"I was responsible for his death I won't be responsible for his fathers!"

The room goes deadly silent, Dean is white as a ghost when he whispers "You weren't responsible, it wasn't your fault!" The pain in his voice is unbearable so I say the only thing I can think of.

"He'll be dead by next month, I won't to scare him first," I leave the room without saying another word.

I'm walking home. Well it's not really home, home means safety,warmth and love. I've only ever felt that way in his arms. With their tattoos covering every inch and muscles that couldn't fit into any shirt's he'd buy. Those are what made feel at home. Those arms. His arms.
If I close my arms I can still feel them ragged around me while I cooked dinner or when we watch movies or when we did stuff way above PG.

A smile touches my lips at the thought of the things we did on the couch. Well also floor and desk top. If I'm being honest near enough every surface in our apartment.

My minded been so preoccupied I don't even realise I was "home". My mind is now empty and any joy I felt a few moment ago are gone.

I push the door to find it already open. That strange be on high alert. I pull my knife from where it's hiding in my clothes and grip it tight. Maybe he brought his friends back. Even at the thought my panic picks up the last time Jacks friends were here they all taped me for hours and hours taking there times with me. Extending me torture to the point I wishes they would just press harder on my mouth to suffocate me.

I know what your think I'm a mafia boss I'm not weak I could kill them all. But there is something about Jack and this friends that just makes me freeze. I weak and helpless around them and it breaks my heart to day it but it's the truth.

I turn into the font-room and find two police officers looking at me in a star of shock and bewilderment.

Sorry for the late update I will be posting twice a week from now on. I would like to thank you all for all the support and love I've received over my story. If you have any idea for thing you may like to see put it in the comments and I'll get back to you.

Don't forget to follow my tik Tok and to vote.

❤