Chapter 11

Adeline POV

He moves just in time to miss the knife I throw at his head; his eyes are wide and panicked. He didn't expect it to be me. I pull my second knife out my boot and place it at his throat. I push hard enough that blood slowly leaked down his neck making him hiss in pain. Good. "Hello Alex, long time no see," the smile that spreaders across my face is nothing more than feral. "Good to see you A, how have you been?" Is he joking? I dig the knife in deeper till he finally speaks. "Ok I get it you hate me, what do you want me to say?"

He sounds desperate. I laugh a manic laugh and step away taking the knife with me so he can finally breath properly. This seems to shock him. "I don't know maybe sorry I killed your husband," I shake my head knowing he's too proud to say it all he says is "Your my sister?" "Looks like it, don't tell them you knew me or about anything you did know, you lost your right to say a thing that day," I go to walk up the ridiculously tall flight of stairs. "Watch your back brother I'm not the only one who's angry you killed Amon," time to go find Theo.

Theo gave me a tour of the house, it's magical and big, so big I'm going to get lost I just know it. We make our way to the dining room all while laughing trying not to bash our head into the wall. Once we entered the dining room, we fell silent realising the eyes that now started at us. The silence was unbearable but all I can think to say is "hay!" The others in the room repeat my words but say nothing else. We take our seats and I begin to eat. Still, no one speaks. "Well this is awkward,"

Theo voice rings out in the silence and I loose it and break out laughing. Theo looses it at the same time as me. I'm sure we look like bawling monkeys but we can't seem to stop. This whole situation is fuck up but there seems to be some perks. Once we finally compose I hear a women's voice. "You have the same laugh," I can only stare at her, she's so beautiful we have the same eyes same face basically. "How was your life before now?" Anthony voice gets everyone's attention.

"We didn't have a lot but we got by, I had my friends and my job it was good," the words bring me physical pain so much I dig my knife into the palm of my hands. "Do you miss then now you're here?" A smile comes to my face talking about my family. "They have a few houses up here so they will come to visit and with training starting up again I'll see them a few times a week," I resized the mistake as soon as the words left my mouth. "Training?" He asks "I'm a figure skater I compete all round Europe,"

The conversation flows nicely after I found out Theo plays rugby and is really good and my mother won't stop asking questions about my skating. I've never felt this way, with Dean, Flora and Sophie. With them we never had to speak of the small thing as we already understood them but with the people at this table it was new, a fresh start. I wasn't forgetting my old family only adding to it. I knew already that Flora would get on so well with mum and Dean would love Theo. My other brothers kinda just stare at me like I'll disappear at any moment. Luckily for me or maybe his the murderous husband killer never shows his face. 

"Adeline can I have a word in my office, we have things we need to discuss," his voice leaves no room for agreement. What if he hits you, well it's not like you can't kill him. I enter the study on edge. "What can I'd do for you?" I force a smile to my face when I look at my bio-father. "We need to discuss house rules. One Respect everyone in this house. Two no drugs or alcohol. Three no boys. Four you have to tell when you and where your going!" Oh hell no. "One respect is earned not given show me you deserve it and I'll give it to you. Two are you really trying to tell me your son don't drink? Three when or who I sleep with is none of your concern. Four I'll tell you then I'm leaving but to where. There is a thing called privacy."

I stand and walk out the room not saying another word.