Chapter 5

Aurora POV

I feel numb. After she was gone I felt it everywhere now I only feel it when I see Theo laughing or fighting with his brother. I wonder what would she have become. Would she have been delicately and girly loving pink and dress hating blood. Or would she have relish in it. The power, blood, fighting. I think she would have.

I love my boys but she was my special girl. My miracle girl. We were going to go shopping together and do each other's nails and talk about boys and dream about her wedding day.

When I entered her nursing and saw my husband on his knee I knew. Somewhere deep inside I knew she was gone. Her birthday is in about 4 months. She will be 17. So will Theo he hates his birthday. It reminds of what he's lost I see the pain in his eyes and it guts me all over agin seeing my little boy in pain because a monster took are little princess . My daughter, his twin.

"Aurora? Honey you ok?"
"What sorry zoomed out their,"
"That's ok we were saying we should do the dinner at your at five?"
"Sounds perfect!" We stand to leave I walk over to my father in law who has loved me more then my biological father ever could. I hug him while he whispered in my ear.
"It's ok to still think about her, I do my granddaughter with her raven hair and dark eyes. What perfection she would have been!" Stepping away I wipe away the stray tear that's rolled down my eye.
"See you Friday at five then," I say as we walk threw the doors of the restaurant to our car. My husband hand on the small of my back.

Once we're in the car my husband turns to face me. "What's wrong?" I couldn't hold back the thoughts that plagued me. "What would she have been like? Do you think she would have loved it or hated it?" A beat of silence filled to car as my amazing, stupid husband cupped my  face and kissed my noise. "what?" "In the blood and pain," a tiny voice had taken  over
my voice taking its  confidence and fearlessness away replacing it with a broken, haunted excuse of a voice. A smile spread across my husbands lips and said "yes I think she would have relish in it,"

"I want her back," I whisper "so badly," I have so much more to explain but I can't utter another word as I can't hold back the waterfall of tears that run down my face.

Anthony Westwood POV

I can do nothing but hold my wife in our car as she breaks down in my arms. It's all my fault I should have protected Adeline better then none of this would have happened.

I feel Aurora body slowly stop shaking as we get closer to home. Without having to look down I can see she's asleep. I click the button on the car wi Dow to signal to the driver to slow down.

I look out the window of the car to see our house come up into view. It's strong, stronger then some castle but it still fell. It still failed.

My mind won't let me think of anything apart from what my wife asked.  "In the blood and pain," she would have loved it I know I saw that look in her eye. She would have been perfection. My phone rings on my pocket just as I exit the car.

I wave the driver off to get out of the car and leave my wife asleep. She's safe there in her mind where her daughter was never taken and she grew up with us. Her family.

Answering the phone with no energy I speak.
"Hello?"
"Is this Anthony Westwood?"
"Who's asking?" My voice is cold and deadly now. Letting lose the rains of the don of the Italian mafia.
"This is West Point police station we're calling regarding your daughter. Adeline I believe?"
"Yes what about her?" I let nothing of the pure fear and excitement into my voice. What if they founded her body or what if they. No don't be stupid it's been nearly 15 years.
"He'd me stepfather had mad recently died, she had nowhere to go will you take get in?"
" Yes!" I answer before I can think she's ok. She's alive. "We can be their to pick her up by tomorrow afternoon.
"Sounds good Mr WestWood!"

My daughter is alive. ALIVE. I turn to see my wife stood froze in place staring at me with wide hopeful eyes. " she alive!" My wife whispers as if tasting the words in her mouth. So foreign and unowned.

I laugh I laugh so loud it hurts my stomach as my wife jumps into my arm. SHES ALIVE.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.
If you have any drama you want to add comment.
What's your thoughts so far?
Don't forget to vote and follow.
Thank you so much for all the support.