chapter 2: Turning Point

OUTSIDE - POKEMON CENTER - CERULEAN CITY - EVENING

Mere hours before the scheduled fight against Mewtwo, a raging Storm picks up, making travel by sea nearly impossible.

Outside of a Pokemon Center near the dock, ash, brock, and Misty, along with a large group of many other trainers stand before the local Nurse Joy and a young woman with blue hair named Miranda.

Miranda: people, please! There is no battle tonight! This storm is worse than anything we've seen in years!

Trainer 1: yeah, but we've got to make it to that Island!

Nurse joy: please, everyone, calm down!

Miranda: I know you're all extremely disappointed, but we really can't-

Before she can finish her sentence, Miranda spots a random trainer out of the corner of her eye jumping into the water atop one of his Pokemon.

Miranda (concerned): what are you doing?

Trainer 2: I'm going to get to that Island if it kills me!

Nurse joy: come back!

Trainer 3: now's our chance, guys!

One by one, the trainers either jump into the water or mount a flying Pokemon. Miranda and Nurse Joy try desperately to stop them, but to no avail.

Ash takes out a Pokeball

Misty: are we really doing this?

Ash: might as well try! Go, squirtle!

A small blue turtle emerges from its Pokeball, Landing safely in the water. Ash jumps down off the dock onto the small water Pokemon.

Misty: you're not leaving me behind! Brock, hold Togepi for me!

Misty hands the small egg Pokemon to Brock before removing her normal clothes to reveal a two-piece yellow bathing suit underneath.

Misty: they don't call me a water type trainer for nothing! Go, staryu!

Misty throws her Pokeball into the water, revealing an orange starfish Pokemon with a jewel in the center of its body. Misty hops on top of Staryu and Rides Away.

Rock watches, still holding Togepi.

Brock: and I'll...eh...hmm...

CUT TO BROCK AND TOGEPI RIDING IN A SMALL ROWBOAT

Meanwhile, just below the surface of the water, a small submarine with an R Insignia on the side follows the group of trainers.

Jessie: hurry up, james! We'll never catch up to those twerps at this speed!

James: I'm trying!

Through the crashing waves, ash, brock, and Misty slowly make their way to New Island, just off in the distance.

Ash: almost there, guys!

Suddenly, the gang is swept up by a large wave that rocks them back and forth.

Struggling against the Raging Waters, Ash and Misty are eventually Pulled Under by the waves.

Brock: guys!

Brock and Togepi managed to stay afloat. Though, Brock shows visible concern for his friends.

Underneath the water, Ash and Misty are being thrown about by the currents. In the chaos, Ash manages to reunite with Squirtle and grab hold of him tightly.

Looking around desperately, Ash spots Missy out of the corner of his eye, still riding Staryu.

Ash and Squirtle begin to swim towards Misty, who offers her hand in support. Without a second thought, Ash grabs on to Misty's hand tightly.