epilogue

FIELD - DAY

A few years have passed. Misty and Miranda, now close friends, stroll through a sun-drenched field, surrounded by vibrant flowers. With them is a little girl, no older than five, her hair a bright shade of pink. Her eyes are filled with curiosity and wonder.

They settle down on the soft grass, their gazes drawn to the sky above, where fluffy clouds drift lazily, creating a picturesque scene. Misty turns to the little girl, pointing at the clouds.

Misty: you know, that cloud looks a lot like Pikachu.

Miranda, intrigued, joins in the conversation.

Miranda: speaking of which, where is pikachu?

Misty: oh, it probably ran off ahead of us. You know how excited it gets out here.

Just then, Pikachu comes bounding back, his tail wagging excitedly. The little girl rushes over, a grin lighting up her face as she embraces the small, yellow Pokémon. Laughter fills the air as they engage in playful antics.

MIRANDA (whispering) He would have loved her...

Misty's eyes well up with nostalgia and love as she watches the bond between the girl and Pikachu.

Misty (softly): I know...

INT. CITY - DAY

They enter the once-ruined city, now transformed into a memorial, nature reclaiming its place amidst the abandoned buildings. At the Heart of the City stands Ash's petrified form, a timeless statue surrounded by flowers and heartfelt mementos left by people paying their respects. Approaching the statue, the little girl gazes up at the image of the man whose compassion saved both humans and Pokémon. A sense of wonder fills her voice as she turns to Misty.

Little girl: (innocently): what was he like?

Misty smiles, a bittersweet mixture of joy and sorrow in her eyes.

Misty (tenderly): He was... the very best.

As they prepare to leave, Misty pauses, her gaze lingering on the petrified trainer. She walks back toward him, overcome with emotions.

Misty (whispering): I'll always love you too, Ash... Sweet dreams...

With a gentle kiss on Ash's forehead, Misty bids farewell, leaving him to rest. The camera focuses on the  gentle smile resting upon the petrified trainer as the credits begin to roll.

During the end credits, glimpses of what seem to be Ash's dreams flash across the screen, mostly in still frames. Images depict Ash's growth, his journey as a Pokémon trainer, and the connections he made with his friends and pokemon.

At the end of the sequences, Ash awakens, now an old man. Reflecting on his life, he wonders if it was all real. A tear trickles down his aged face as he gazes at a picture. The image shows Misty, Miranda, and a little girl with pink hair, as if peering into reality from his petrified state. Ash looks out of his window, his eyes fixed on the sky, a smile playing on his lips, knowing that his adventures were not in vain.

FADE OUT.