FOURTEEN

Two years

Two years. Two years go by of Steve and Demetria and the Howling Commandos taking down Hydra bases one by one with Steve and Demetria leading. Zyla has joined in the fight a few weeks after the whole Steve kissing Lorraine incident once she was in the clear. Steve and Demetria became an official couple a few months after the two admitted their feelings but kept it quiet from everyone besides their group of people; Bucky, Zyla, Peggy, Howard, and the Howling Commandos. Though they aren't that great at hiding since Phillips have questioned them multiple times but each time one of them would change the subject or would deny. But it was clear the chemistry the two have in and out of battle. They fought in perfect sync with each other. 

Phillips once questioned Peggy after him and his top informants sat in a screening room watching footage play back of one of Steve's and Demetria's latest missions that zoomed in on Steve lying out patterns and courses on a map with Bucky and Dugan by his side. Steve opened his compass and the camera zoomed in to a pretty photo of Demetria. Steve noticed the camera and had closed it immediately. In the camera they couldn't tell but when Steve realized that was being filmed he was blushing. Howard and Peggy smirked while Phillips gazed over to Peggy raising his eyebrows. Peggy wouldn't budge.

Demetria has been training Steve, Bucky and Zyla. Steve and Bucky with hand to hand combat and Zyla training with her powers. Zyla is a Earth fairy meaning she can control and manipulate soil, sand, rock, and all forms of plant life. Demetria gets more and more impressed on how well she can control her powers. The other day she made a tree branch wrap around Bucky who couldn't get out of its grasp. Let's just say he wasn't amused. Bucky and Zyla have a brother-sister dynamic going on with them. He had admitted to Steve and Demetria that Zyla reminded him of his younger sister Rebecca and wanted to make sure she was safe especially since he knows what it was like being captured by Hydra and it wasn't fun.

Steve and Demetria are now in Demetria's room before heading out for a mission that they believe that will let them capture Arnim Zola. Demetria is hesitant to leave since she thought she saw the egg move last night.

"Steve I don't think I can go on this mission. This egg is going to hatch and someone needs to be here when it does," Demetria says and Steve sighs.

"I understand that but what if it doesn't then you miss out on capturing Zola for nothing," Steve states. Suddenly the egg starts to move and crack a little. Steve's mouth opens a little as Demetria rushes to the egg and looks back at Steve, "See... I told you." Sapphire rushes over to the egg sniffing it. She starts panting as she nudges it with her nose.

Steve goes and kneels down next to Demetria, "Okay. You were right." Demetria grins as the egg starts hatching a small baby ice dragon pops her head out of the egg. "Oh my god she's adorable," Demetria gasps as the little dragon wobbles out of the egg and bumps into Steve. The dragon looks up staring at Steve with her wide eyes and lets out a small noise. Steve smiles a little as he gently puts his hand in front of the dragon who gently nose butts Steve's hand and lets out a satisfied noise.