FIFTEEN

A few days go by and Demetria is getting worried about Steve

A few days go by and Demetria is getting worried about Steve. Phillips is currently interrogating Zola and Steve had just vanished without letting anyone know where he was going. Demetria is walking down the street in pouring rain as she is heading towards multiple ruined buildings. One of the nearby cities have been completely destroyed by bombs. The impact was so big some of the buildings in this neighborhood had gotten affected. More bombs could drop or shells could be laying around but Demetria just wanted to find Steve. Stormy is hidden in her pocket inside of her coat sleeping. Demetria didn't use the transformation spell to change her hair. Voices on speakers are alerting everyone to stay inside until it's safe. She didn't have to worry about anyone seeing her. She heads to the one place where she thinks he may be.

Demetria walks into the ruins of what used to be the bar where Steve had recruited the Howling Commandos. She followed the sound of a radio to see Steve sitting at a high table pouring himself a drink, "Dr. Erskine said that the serum wouldn't just affect my muscles, it would affect my cells. Create a protective system of regeneration and healing. Which means... I can't get drunk."

Steve looks up and looks at Demetria, his eyes all red and puffy, dull, cold, empty of any happiness and warmth that Demetria was so used to seeing in him. The sight broke Demetria's heart. "Did you know that?"

Demetria sighs as she pulls up a chair and sits next to Steve. "Your metabolism burns four times faster than the average person. He thought it could be one of the side effects."

Steve nods as he looks back down. Demetria leans forward placing her hands on his stopping him from pouring himself another drink seeing as it was useless. "Steve. Look at me." Steve looks back up at her. "It wasn't your fault. Okay? It was not your fault."

"Did you read the report?" Steve asks and Demetria nods, "Yes."

"Then you know that's not true," Steve retorts and Demetria sighs. "You did everything you could. Zyla told me her side and you both did everything you could. It wasn't your fault."

"Did you believe in your friend? Did you respect him?" Demetria asks and Steve nods slightly as he looks at her. "Then stop blaming yourself. Allow Bucky the dignity of his choice. He damn well must have thought you were worth it. And Steve you are worth it."

"I'm going after Schmidt. I'm not gonna stop until all of Hydra is dead or captured," Steve sniffles. Demetria gives his hand a small squeeze, "You won't be alone."

Steve nods and gives her a small smile and leans in and kisses Demetria. Demetria  kisses him back. Stormy pops her head out of Demetria's coat letting out a little huff. The two of them pull apart and Demetria chuckles slightly. "Oh yeah. I brought someone to cheer you up other than me." Steve smiles as Stormy jumps out and lands on him. Stormy climbs onto Steve's shoulder and spins around making herself comfortable as she then lays on his shoulder. Stormy budges Steve's face with her nose making Steve chuckle a little as he raises his hand to pet Stormy, "Hey girl."