NINETEEN

"Wow

"Wow..." Demetria mutters as she takes her surroundings in. "This place is gorgeous."

"This isn't even half of it," Erik grins as he walks past her leading the way. Demetria follows as Stormy and Sapphire fly above them. They walk through different trails that lead up to their home. Zyla pointing out different areas that she would hang out at when she was younger while Erik tries to catch Demetria up on the history of Maldonia.

"So this side that we're on is called Luxor. It's where most Maldonian's live. The other half of Maldonia is called Frostwood. Where the Winter fairies, wolves, yeti's, and other creatures of winter live," Erik explains.

"Are there any ice dragons?" Demetria asks curiously.

"There are a few... but they live in the Ice Palace," Zyla says and Demetria raises her eyebrows.

"You guys have a Ice Palace? Can I see?" Demetria asks hopefully.

Erik and Zyla look at eachother. "Uh... I don't think that's a good idea..." Erik mutters making Demetria furrow her eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"No one really goes into the Ice Palace besides one person..." Zyla mysteriously says. 

"What's so scary about an Ice Palace?" Demetria asks confused what's so bad about it.

"The Ice Palace is where my aunt lives," Zyla reveals.

"Oh..." Demetria says slightly dissapointed.

"There are much cooler things than an Ice Palace," Erik says and Demetria looks at him and raises her eyebrows, "Like what?"

Erik eyes trail over to a river and a sparkle in his eyes appear. He grabs Demetria by the shoulders and turns her around and points at the river, "That."

Demetria furrows her eyebrows not seeing what he was pointing at until all of the sudden water starts rising and spinning in a circle until a heard of horses made out of water with water fairies riding them emerge and start running down the stream. The stream that leads to Frostwood.

"Once they reach Frostwood, the winter fairies take over as the horses turn into ice," Zyla says as Demetria watches in amazement. 

"Okay... that is pretty amazing," Demetria says making Zyla grin.

"See told you," Erik grins and Demetria shakes her head. "Yeah yeah."

Erik chuckles as he puts his arm around Demetria's shoulder and leads her back onto the path, "Now for the best part. Our home. With my bed calling my name." Demetria lets out a laugh as she shakes her head in amusement. 

"Erik loves his sleep," Zyla teases. "I think he loves sleeping more than me."

"Correction. I love my sleep way more than you," Erik jokes and Zyla nudges him with her elbow. 

They continue walking until they finally make it to Erik and Zyla's  home. "Oh wow," Demetria says as she stares at their home. It was like a miniature castle.