Gelatine Promise

Tamara absolutely hated it.

She hated where she was.

Who she was with.

Why she was there.

The place she'd been put in was a small cell. Nothing like the movies.

The steel slab protruding from the wall was the only place Tamara could sit comfortably. The dirty green paint job was chipped and peeling off.

The officer was strange. Tall, buff and a lingering scent of peppermint. She kept touching Tamara's shoulders and slapping her back.

After a few hours the officer came to her cell to slide open the metal gate.

"Somebody's getting you out, little miss."

"What?"

Tamara knew sure as hell it wouldn't be her parents. Her dad was never home (he probably didn't even know that she got arrested!) and her mom would probably leave her there to rot, as a punishment. It was fair, Tamara guesses. She did run off after stealing a load of alcohol, and drinking most of it. in public, with her girlfriend.

Tamara crossed her fingers, hoping that Tori would be her savior. Where was she, anyways? If they were together when Tamara passed out, surely Tori got arrested too? Honestly, she would rather stay in the cell overnight than face the wrath of her mom. No one was going to save her anyways.

But she was wrong.

Two very different figures were leaning up against the police desk, engaged in a very bland conversation.

"Your older sisters. They're getting you out."

"Um, what? I don't—"

The taller one with dark brown hair and a scar on her face suddenly grabbed Tamara and bent down toward her ear.

"Tamara. Please play along."

"What? I'm not—"

Oh god. She was getting kidnapped.

The shorter one with weird eyebrows decided to speak up.

"Yes, officer. That's Tamara, our little sister."

"I really shouldn't—"

She punched Tamara in the arm, instantly causing the latter to yelp and then scowl at them. The mysterious girl just laughed it off and convincingly patted Tamara's back.

The police officer walked away as Tamara was harshly dragged outside. She immediately pulled away and started running but was caught by one of the girls. Tamara fiddled with her thumbs, unsure of what these strangers were going to do. She was ready to fight. (Or run! She was honestly more ready to bolt.) But the taller girl had a firm hand on her arm, so she couldn't run again.

The shorter one lit a cigarette and stuck it in her mouth. The one who was grabbing Tamara earlier chuckled.

"I'm Patrycia, that's Paula. Tori sent us."

"Why couldn't you say that earlier?"

"Hm, I don't know. I thought it would be funny to see the look on your face."

"Is everyone in this world against me?"

"Yes. We just so happen to be Tori's godparents."

"Yikes."

"Anyways, speak of the devil."

Tamara felt two warm arms wrap around her waist and pull her into a hug. She felt her chest flutter as the familiar aroma of Tori's sugary perfume filled her senses.