CHAPTER THREE

Noa

Sometimes you can't help it when someone catches your eye, especially if you have a crush on them. So that's why I noticed Zara leaving the hall quietly, with no Juliette around either so I know something is wrong, she never goes anywhere without her best friend, she told me herself.

So me being me, I excuse myself minutes later to follow her. I stand up and feel a pair of eyes on me from behind so when I turn, I look. Juliette saw me looking back and smiles, I smile back before leaving the hall, catching the sight of Zara turning around the corner.

I do actually need to go down to art to go speak to Mrs Dawson about something anyway so I will head down while I remember.

On the way down I lost Zara, she must have turned a corner without me noticing or walked quicker. I reach the classroom quite quickly and knock on the door and walk inside.

"Noa hello, is there a reason you are here and not in the hall with everyone else?" Mrs Dawson questions and I was about to speak but the certain blonde in the back of the classroom stopped me.

Well I found her, she is finishing off her painting.

"Uhm, yes actually. I came here to speak to you about something." I respond and she nods and walks me outside of the classroom, closing the door behind her.

"So, what is the issue?" She raises a brow as we stand against the wall and I look at her.

"I'm just wondering if I can come into your classroom in some breaks and lunches just to do some extra work from when I missed some due to the cheer competition earlier this month?" I ask and I saw the smile light up on her face.

"Of course, all we did was views, students took an image of a view they found nice and painted it, I'm sure it won't take too long for you to complete." Mrs Dawson explains and I nod with a small smile.

"I will come at lunch to start then!" I say and she nods, I start to walk off once things got silent until she called out my name and I spin on my heels and head back to her.

"Do you have time to help out Zara with her painting? She's struggling with time and she just has a lot to do," The woman asks and I nod slowly, "I just know you will be a great help."

"I don't see why not." I hear the voices going in my head, one telling me to do it, the other saying not to. The only problem is that she hates me but then this could be my one chance to speak with her.

The teacher walks me into her classroom and I go over to the girl sitting in the back of the class. She clearly hears me because she looks up at me and groans.

"Zara, she is going to help you finish the artwork." Mrs Dawson explains and the blonde hums and I take a seat next to the girl.

"Today can't get any worse," Zara mutters before giving me a paintbrush.

"Explain what I'm doing," I say as I watch her finish off the Eiffel Tower.

"Paint the buildings on your side as you can see. Don't fuck it up either." She waved her finger at the canvas which caused me to chuckle, "God, shut up."

The buildings are already drawn out in a pencil marking and she showed me the picture on her phone. I study it, taking in the details and then let it all set in my mind. And then a notification appeared from Juliette and I saw my name so I read it. I was talked about so I can.

Jules: Noa smiled at me, she walked out have you seen her?

And then another notification came through from... my brother?!

Caden: Hey, where are you? We should talk about things.

"What the fuck." I whisper and she looks at her phone, "Why is my brother texting you?"

"Sort yourself out Noa fucking hell, am I not allowed to be friends with your brother?" She questions but it was a n obvious question that she didn't want me to answer so I shrug, "That's what I thought. Now paint."

I paint a building using different colours matching them up so they are like the colours used for the building in the image. All Zara does is text whoever she is messaging, completely unbothered about the painting and ignoring my presence.

"Zara, phone away unless you are looking at reference images." Mrs Dawson calls out and she rolls her eyes and brought the photo back up and turned her phone on do not disturb.

The two of us paint in silence, all I can think about is why my brother will be texting my ex who he knows I still like. And why he is saying "We should talk about things."

"Do you still do ballet?" I ask and she nods, "How's it going?"

"Good." She answers and I hum as I finish up on one building, "I see you still do cheer."

"Indeed I do." I smile and I hear her take in a breath and I look at her just to see that she hasn't changed one bit.

A few seconds pass of me looking at her, just enough time for me to take in her features. Then being able to turn back to the artwork without anything looking suspicious.

We finish off the painting in silence, the buildings were all painted well and to her liking which took its time.

"Finally, done." She runs her fingers through her hair and I watch the satisfied smile appear on her face which makes my heart skip a beat in my chest.

I was already picking up my bag and standing up moments later, I know she wants me gone so why not leave now?

"Thank you for helping, see you around Noa." The blonde says which makes me smile and I nod.

"See you around."