CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Noa

"You can't go hitting your brother with his trophies, he needs to go to hospital for the injuries." My mother sighs as she helps clean up the cuts on my face and attend to the bruises, "What were you guys fighting about anyway?"

My eyes go over to Zara who is sitting on one of the chairs at the counter. She looks worried, very worried so I just smile at her and she smiles back.

"I know he did a bad thing but that does not mean you can try to kill him." The woman caught on with the silence and the looks from me and her.

"I was not trying to kill him! I just wanted to teach him a lesson, he deserved it too. Plus it's not like he deserved the trophies anyway." I sigh and my mum laughs and shakes her head.

"You've always had a protective side in you, Noa. I'm shocked you took him to the ground but that sticks between us three." She smiles and I smile and slide off the counter once she finishes up with my face. My brother is on his way to the hospital and we have decided to change the story and say he accidentally fell onto a shelf of cupboard.

I open up the drawer and take a few painkillers for my head and then grab a bag of ice to put on my head, it's nothing serious, just a headache but my mum is saying I should get it checked out. I keep refusing to go.

The doorbell rings and I head over to the door and open it up to see, Loren, Mrs Jones. It's 9 pm which means Little Miss Blondie needs to go home.

"Hey Mrs Jones, come inside." I smile and the woman walks inside and thankfully Zara is already got everything and she smiles.

"Thank you for having me again, amazing food too, Mrs Carter." The blonde smiled and my mum just chuckled, "I hope to see you again soon."

"Zara dear, could you please give me and Naomi some privacy? We need to discuss things privately." Loren asks her daughter who nods with a smile on her face and me and Zara leave the kitchen and walk outside.

Once the door closes she leans against the wall and I look at her, there's a slight breeze that blows our hair and she looks beautiful. She also happens to be looking at me a few seconds too long before her cheeks darken and she has to turn away.

"I won a fight holy shit," I whisper and she laughs quietly.

"That's impressive for you, Carter." She smiles softly and I laugh, "Are you okay though? You took a huge beating."

"I'm amazing, how about you?" I grin and she smiles, her eyes look up to the sky and there are stars out and then she looks back down at me. Her eyes search my face and then look into mine for a few seconds and then she smiles even more.

"I'm perfect" Her voice came out as a soft whisper, causing my heart to flip and  my stomach to flutter, "You really scared me, Noa, The door was locked and all I could hear was things hitting the floor, thuds and groans, I thought he was going to seriously hurt you."

"Come on Blondie, you know me enough to know I can win a fight. It's a rare chance with my brother but look, I made it with just a few scratches. Don't go all soft and caring on me now, I thought you hated me." I chuckle and she rolls her eyes and then her eyes fall down to the path ahead.

"I never hated you, I just wanted the feelings to stop, the thoughts of you and everything. So I made it look like I did and by the looks of it, you believe every move." She confesses and my eyes widen slightly as I gasp quietly.

She meets my eyes and her lips curve into a small smile, her cheeks grow red by either blush or the fact it's freezing out here from the night air. Her hair is blown slightly by the breeze and she tucks strands behind her ear that blow across her face and then everything between us stops.

The door opens. Loren walks out, she looks at us and then she looks at her daughter who looks quite nervous and flustered by everything that is going on. I stand half in shock and half afraid if I open my mouth I will be telling her to spend the night. I would not complain if that happens.

"Come on then, we better get going." Loren smiles and her daughter nods.

"I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight," Zara says, looking at me and I nod.

"Goodnight, see you at school tomorrow," I answer and I look into her eyes to see a hint of disappointment, most likely disappointment from her mother ruining a moment between me and her. I would be upset too, "Goodnight, Mrs Jones."

"Goodnight, dear." The woman smiles and I return the smile and watch the two go into their car and stand here till I see them drive off into the distance.

I sigh and turn in the direction of the house, a smile forming on my face as her words repeat in my head:

I never hated you