CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Noa

"It's been a while since we last saw you, Zara." My father smiles as we all sit at the table. It's a family meal, there's a large pot of curry in the centre of the table and there's a plate of naan bread with papadams and then a pot of rice.

On my plate, I have all but the rice since I don't like it. Everyone else but my mum has the rice too but nobody is eating just yet.

"I was busy so I didn't have time to come around and things, it's wonderful to be back here." Zara smiles and I tear a piece of naan bread and dip it in the curry sauce.

My brother looked at me and I raised a brow and his eyes fell to the piece of bread in my hand and then back at me. I sigh and put it back on the plate. I haven't eaten much in a week, he hates me and keeps judging me and everything so I stopped. That's the reason I passed out in the changing rooms.

"I heard you quit the football team. Why on earth would you do that?" My father looks at my brother who scoffed and my mum looks at her husband and I look down at the food. Why so much tension?

"I have too much on schedule to fit football in too." He says and that makes no sense.

"But you love football?" I speak up and he shakes his head as he eats some of the curry in front of him.

"Not anymore." He responds and I hum, I glance at Zara and she looks nervous, she's stirring her fork in the sauce and my mother also looks nervous.

What on earth is going on?

There's an awkward silence that comes over us all and I eat the piece of naan bread and then eat some more until my brothers' gaze is very hard on me.

"Can you stop looking at me?" I groan and meet my brother's eyes who laughs at me.

"Caden stop staring at her eating, she's clearly uncomfortable." My mum demands and he whispers an apology and looks down.

~~~

I didn't finish all my food, I only ate half but it's better than nothing. I still threw it back up into the toilet of my bathroom. So now I'm laying on my bed, covered in blankets and close my eyes as I lean into my pillows. I just want all of this to stop.

There's a knock on my door, I hum and take a peak to see Zara walking in and she looks absolutely stunning. I hide my face with the blankets as I smile but then quickly wipe it away and look at the blonde.

"What was all that about? You looked very nervous back there." I admit and she sighs and takes a seat on my bed and I look over at her, "Hey, what's wrong?"

I sit up and she stares at the floor, she's upset and something is bothering her.

"We never actually got together, not on my side anyway." She whispers and I am just able to hear her, I raise a brow and she looks at me before looking back down, "The party that you never went to, I drank a lot and he took advantage of this and we slept together I think. He must've decided because I slept with him, I would be his girlfriend so I went along with it in case there was anything there between us, it turns out there wasn't. I told your mum about this the night we came home from ballet. They've talked about it to him and I wanted to tell you so you understand."

Her words took me by surprise, I felt terrible for her and what happened and then the fact she had to stay with him. The fact she had to be thinking about it for a while to figure this out breaks my heart, but then it makes sense to why she looked so confused when he first called her babe.

I also feel like I can go into my brother's room and murder him, he's absolutely disgusting, and horrid and should be banned from seeing any girl. God knows how many other girls he has done this to.

"I am so sorry, are you okay?" I ask and she nods, "Are you going to leave him?" She shakes her head and I gasp quietly.

"Listen, I know I should but he will just make everything dramatic and he knows that I now know, he threatened me not to tell anyone or leave him because he says he loves me." She explains and I shake my head.

"Zara, I love you but you can not stay with my brother after everything he has done to you, that is just cruel if I even let you do that as his sister." I stand up and she stops me from going anywhere, "Did he threaten you physically?"

She pauses for a few seconds before standing up and walks me to my dressing table. She takes a cotton pad with makeup remover and wipes the cotton on her waist. My eyes watched her in the mirror as she removed layers of makeup on her waist and my heart sank. There's a large bruise and it looks like it's been fading.

"He did it when he found out I told his mum." She says to me and I turn to my door and walk out towards my brother's room.

I don't bother knocking, I just walk in and slam it behind me, locking it in the process. He is on his pc playing a game which I couldn't care less about. Caden looks at me with a confused look and then takes his headset off.

"You fucking hurt her?!" I shout and he sighs, "You hurt her, and you raped her what the fuck is wrong with you!"

"I didn't do shit! Fuck off, Noa I really can't be bothered with all the bullshit you have to say." He rolls his eyes at me and I clenched my fist as he turned back to his game, "Leave my room."

"You fucking cunt." I mutter and he turns to me but I just watch him in anger, "You hurt your own girlfriend, you raped her, and she did not even agree to sex or to your whole relationship. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He stood up and I punched him in his chest, being a cheerleader has its perks of being strong but the both of us know he will be stronger. He slaps me and I groan and let the anger rise as her words and the bruise run through my head.

"You are one fucking dickhead." I kick him and once he lowers his guard for a split second I hit him to the floor which I am impressed at.

"She would've been mine anyway, you had no chance and she is happy with me." He says and I laugh and punch him again.

"Get a fucking grip, have you seen her when you hug her, kiss her or just be around her. She wants nothing more than you out of her sight." I say and he grabs my neck and pushes me against the wall, my head hitting hard against it, "She's so gay anyway, I bet she prefers me over your dick any day."

He punches me and I kick him in the area he values most and he groans in pain, letting me loose from his grip and I punch his stomach multiple times. His nose and lip are bleeding but my head is pounding.

"What is happening in there?!" Our father shouts from behind the door and I smirk at my brother as I pick up one of his football trophies and then throw it as hard as I can at his face and it cuts his face and will end up leaving one serious bruise on it.

"Lay another finger on her, touch her or even speak to her again, I fucking dare you," I whisper and he punches me which draws blood so I grab another trophy and throw it beside his head.

"She deserved it all though, I was just claiming what's mine." He smirks and I grab another trophy and hold it in the air but my father had already broken down the door before I could throw it.

"Noa fucking Carter, get off him immediately!" He yelled and I threw the trophy on his stomach right where he hurt her just to see him wince in pain.

Then my mum grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room and I smirked down at him as I left, still feeling the anger inside of me.

He got what he deserved, one messed-up face and words he needed to hear.