⁴⁷ 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒

It was a rather warm day, the sun rising from behind the treeline, casting a bright glow over the Victory Village.Rosemary had woken up early, walking down to the kitchen and making herself a cup of tea. Occasionally, she peaked out of the window, looking to see if Porter was awake. It was the morning of the reaping, and both Billy and Lina would be getting ready at this hour. Lina would have brought out her finest dress, and Billy would choose his white shirt and linen shorts. In around an hour, they would be heading towards the town square, waiting for the two children's names to be called- waiting to see if anyone would volunteer- witness parents and siblings have their hearts shattered. Billy and Lina would be separated from first Porter, then from one another. The victors will be sitting or standing- depending on if they put out chairs or not, on the stage. Some of them would become mentors again, and this year it was Quartz and Rose.

As Rosemary continued to peer out the window, she couldn't help but feel a heavy weight in her chest. The reaping was always a somber occasion in the Victory Village, a stark reminder of the brutal reality of the Hunger Games. The bright morning sun seemed out of place, casting an ironic glow over what would soon be a scene of heartache. The scent of the tea filling the kitchen did little to ease Rosemary's anxiety. She took a sip, the warmth of the liquid spreading through her, but it failed to provide any real comfort.

With a loud sigh, she poured the tea into the sink, and walked off into her bedroom. She stared effortless at her wardrobe, not knowing what she would wear. Eyes would be at her, but as always, she wouldn't have to give a speech- that was Quartz yearly duty. Rose carefully selected her attire to strike a balance between respect and strength. She chose to wear a deep navy blue blazer, tailored to fit her perfectly, giving her a sense of professionalism she didn't comprehend. Beneath it, she opted for a crisp white blouse to convey a sense of purity and hope, traits she hope to impart to her tributes. Most of the ones in the crowd wouldn't understand her choice of clothing, but that didn't matter to her. The blouse was tucked into a pair of well-fitted charcoal gray slacks, providing both comfort and an air of authority. To complete her outfit, Rosemary decided on practical black ankle boots, suitable for most days.

As for her hair, Rosemary kept it simple yet elegant. She gathered her auburn locks into a neat and professional but at the nape of her neck. She didn't want her hair to be a distraction but wanted to convey a sense of seriousness and purpose. A few strands framed her face delicately, softening her appearance and adding a touch of accessibility. The scar was still visible, making her sigh yet again.

Before heading to the square for the reaping ceremony, Rosemary took a moment to reflect on the gravity of the day. Her reflection in the mirror was different to what she usually saw. Typically, she could be found in dresser or hand-me-down skirts paired with simple tank tops. She preferred clothes that allowed her to move freely and blend in with the background, the opposite of the formal and authoritative outfit she had chosen for today. However, Rose was willing to embrace her discomfort for a reason. She was going to the capitol again, and that meant thousands of people witnessing her, judging her on what she was wearing. The years might have changed her rumors in District Five, giving her a chance to feel welcome on the streets. Collumbae's friends and family didn't whisper about her anymore, they knew she didn't choose this life. However, in the capital, she remained the cold blooded murderer, the Bloody Mary- one of the few victors that managed to fool the entire population of Panem- just as Johanna Mason had done a few years back.