⁵⁰ 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓃 - 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓇

Rosemary entered the living area where the tributes were already seated, having their breakfast.

"Okay, first day of training," Rosemary announced, her voice filled with determination. She turned her attention to the tributes.

"What do you want us to do?" Chris, displaying a hint of uncertainty, was the first to speak.

"You can choose that for yourself, but it can be risky," Rosemary cautioned. "If you show your skill, you'll be tracked down in the arena. But if you do, you might get higher odds."

Finch asked the next question. "So what do you suggest?"

"Train whatever you feel like you need to learn more about." Rosemary said.

Quartz, sitting nearby, chimed in with his own perspective. "Don't forget about making allies."

Finch, still considering the prospect of forming alliances, voiced her concern. "Do we have to?"

Quartz, taking a more neutral stance, raised his shoulders in a shrug. "No, but I'm not stopping you from making them," He stood up, signaling that the time had come. "You should head to training now."

Rosemary reinforced the message, acknowledging the importance of their preparations. "Yeah, Quartz is right. It's time. See you tonight." The tributes rose from their seats, ready to embark on their first day of training, knowing that the choices they made in the coming days could have a profound impact on their chances in the arena.

The tributes had left for their first day of training, and Rosemary found herself with some rare free time in the living quarters. While her charges honed their skills and navigated the intricacies of training, she opted to stay behind and tend to a few personal matters. She settled into one of the comfortable chairs and turned on the Capitol's ever-present televisions. It was a window into a world far removed from the harsh reality of the Hunger Games, a world of luxury, entertainment, and superficial glamour. Rose watched a couple of programs, finding a momentary escape in the spectacle of Capitol life, though her heart remained heavy with the impending tribulations her own district's tributes would soon face. In the quiet of the living quarters, she took the time to write a heartfelt letter to Porter, writing about how Finch did and what other mentors was here this year. She was careful however, not to write too much about her own inner turmoil. But she did however, write about her thoughts on Effie Trinket being here this year. Once the letter to Porter was completed and sealed, Rose turned her attention to a more personal task. She took a small piece of parchment and wrote a tiny note, walking out of the door and taking the elevator up to the penthouse. She left the note on the ground for Haymitch to find later. The note was simple but carried a depth of emotion. It read, "See you tomorrow- R." What surprised her was that the door opened quicker than she expected and she was soon met by the tributes from District 12. Katniss and Peeta saw as Rose turned towards the elevator and disappeared. Katniss also noticed the note on the ground, and figured she would be asking about it later.

As the evening settled in, the living quarters were quite empty, only Rosemary and Finch sitting by the dining table. Rose turned her attention to the girl, curiosity evident in her eyes.

"So, how did training go?" she inquired, taking a sip from her glass as she waited for her response.

"It went well, however, the careers were quite intimidating," Finch confessed, her expression revealing the weight of the encounters she had faced.

Rosemary nodded, sympathy in her eyes. "They're always like that," she said, her voice laced with understanding of the cutthroat nature of the Hunger Games.