(18) Zombies (notes) (CH)

2020 sovame canmex zombie apocalypse au where the cure was meant to be biting the zombies back

America, Canada, and Soviet. Three souls that had managed to escape the zombies. They were living in a motorhome America owned.

"I'm gonna go out and grab some more water." Soviet said.

"Okay, just be careful, love." America said.

"I will. And if I don't return, remember, I'll always love you." Soviet said.

"I love you too." America said, leaning into Soviet's hand, which he had put on America's cheek.

The duo kissed before Soviet left.

"I'm sorry." America said, looking at his older twin.

"I know. There's nothing we can do." Canada said.

America only sighed, "I could have saved her."

"Ame, I don't think you could've. Rather her than you. I don't know how I'd go on without you, I would feel something missing or wrong if it were you. I can recover from losing her. It will take time, but I will." Canada said.

"If you say so..." America replied, "I miss the kids..."

"I know, me too... I hope they're alright..." Canada said, "But I know your anxiety is really getting to you."

America nodded as Canada got up and went to check the fridge.

"Hey, Ame, how about you call the kids while I go get some more fruits? We're almost out." Canada suggested.

"Alright, just be careful sis. Love you." America replied, pulling out his phone, which was surprisingly on 80 percent.

"Love you too. If anything happens, you'll know." Canada said, walking out the door.

America called DC's phone.

"Hello? Dad?" DC asked.

"Are all of y'all still safe and human? Including your cousins?" America asked.

"Yeah. Do you want me to pass the phone on to Dela?" DC asked.

"Yes, please. Love you, honey." America said.

"Love you too, Dad." DC said, passing the phone to Delaware, who was nearby.

~~~

Soviet was almost done filling the last jug of water when he noticed something floating downstream, although he couldn't tell what it was. That is, until it stood up and started chasing him. Then he realized. It was a zombie. He grabbed the jugs and ran. However, he couldn't run fast enough and was bit in the shoulder. He was turned into a zombie.

Canada was on a ladder, picking apples from a tree. She was too busy picking the apples to notice Soviet's zombie climb up the ladder behind her and she was bit.