Chapter 31

It was a silent ride as Jeremiah drove you home. You couldn't help but get butterflies when you caught him taking quick glances at you. You happened to glance at him and simply smiled. "What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" he asked. You giggled and just smiled. "Princess, what is it that you're finding funny?" Jeremiah asked. "Well, I just think it's cute that you're going to be an uncle and funny cause you have limited time with children," you said. " What do you mean limit time with children? I'll have you know that kids love me!!!" Jeremiah boasted.

Just him saying that had you burst out laughing. You couldn't help remembering the one incident with your baby cousin. "Um, remember you babysat Ari? And you asked me for help to change her diaper? You had your whole room covered in dirty diapers, and you looked so flustered at the same time," you said while wiping a tear away. Immediately, Jeremiah closed his mouth to protest and started to chuckle.

The drive back to your apartment seemed rather quick in your opinion, and next thing you know, Jeremiah was walking you up to your door. "I really had a wonderful time with you tonight. I'm sorry that we didn't have the night cap that you wanted," you said while giving him a hug. Jeremiah pulled you closer while burying his face in the nape of your neck. "I got to be with you. That's more than enough for me. I hope to take you out again sooner than later," he said while softly kissing your neck. You couldn't help the goosebumps erupt all over your body. You had every inkling to invite him in and have him stay the night, but you realize that you needed to slow it down. "I'll see you tomorrow at the office," you asked. "Of course, my princess. I'm not sure if we're going to start recording tracks or do some more writing, but I would like to meet up and take you out for lunch tomorrow if I can," Jeremiah proposed, looking hopeful. You smiled and kissed him. "If time permits it, I think I have some meetings lined up, but I'll try to squeeze in some time. Good night, Jere."

Jeremiah reluctantly let you go and watched you enter your apartment safely before making his way back to his car, smiling the entire time, knowing that there's a bit of hope for the two of you becoming a couple soon.