9: A hurried reunion

Aziraphale:

As Aziraphale suddenly stood alone in the room Crowley was in seconds ago, he got the feeling he had to walk through literal Hell to get to him.

Because he had been to Hell only once, he had absolutely no idea where to start looking.

But before he even got a minute to think about it properly, he heard a disgusting squirming sound.

(*cough cough* tma *cough cough*)

And then he heard another sound, less disgusting, but still unpleasant.

It was Newt's and... Hastur's voice?

Hastur was talking to someone, apparently over the phone, because he didn't hear the answers.

But what he did get was 'Could he have changed?'

And as far as he knew, the demon talking about 'changing' could mean nothing good for him.

So he hurried down the stairs as quietly as he could and ran outside, where he saw the Bentley again.

He looked at her.

And he entered.

As far as he knew, the Bentley never disliked him, not even for changing her colour to yellow. In fact, he still believed she liked that.

So he drove away, and as he did he realised that it was pure stupidness to get in.

He was the Supreme Archangel of Heaven. He could move far faster to the elevator.

But there was something in him, telling him that it was the right thing to leave the bookshop and Bentley near each other. It just felt right.

When he arrived, he could help but feel terribly nervous.

But he was not nervous enough to forget that when he just showed up in Hell like he was, nobody would doubt it was him.

So he quickly changes his outfit to fit in a bit more.

(Was this just an excuse to make Aziraphale Micheal Sheen's Thorne Jamison from Laws Of Attraction? -DUH, OBVIOUSLY.
I MEAN JUST TAKE ONE FUCKING LOOK AT HIM AS THAT ROLE. AHHHH.)

He felt a bit uncomfortable, but it was either that or never see his best friend and love again.

He took a moment to take a deep breath, but as he did, he felt another, even more unpleasant feeling again.

And he heard a voice.

'Supreme Archangel of Heaven, Aziraphale, Guardian of the Eastern Gate. I am calling you back to Heaven.'

His hand trembled, he wanted to press the lower 'H' button, but he felt like he needed to press the upper one.

'No.' He spoke out loud. He convinced himself, he convinced every cell in his body to press the lower button.

He thought of Crowley, he thought of the time they spent together, he thought of his oldest friend Raphael, he thought of how stupid he was to drink the coffee.

And it somehow worked, he pressed the button for Hell and stumbled back, trembling.

The ride was... more unpleasant, the elevator felt like it was moving back and forth, it was getting hotter and hotter, and the air humidity got higher and higher.

They elevator came to a stop and when the doors opened, it was even worse.

He may saw the court and execution on his first day in Hell, but this was even worse.