14: Bookshop Reunion & Getting Drunk

Aziraphale & Crowley:

Because there was nowhere else to go, Crowley and Aziraphale missed it a bit, the two of them decided to drive back to Soho, to the bookshop.

Although Crowley and Aziraphale just realised that Crowley got his flat back, since Shax didn't have that job anymore.

They decided to get back to the bookshop anyways, partly because they wanted to see if it was still standing with 3 and a half hungover people managing it.

The ride home was nice, with Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' playing in the background, probably because the Bentley caught wind of the overall positive atmosphere.

'Y'know angel, I just realised something.', Crowey said, squeezing Aziraphale's hand slightly.

'What is it, dear?', he answered, squeezing his hand in return.

'Y'know when I first told you... I actually planned for us to go to the Ritz. Even put on our song.'

'Our song?', he was amused, 'Do elaborate.'

Crowley exaggerated being offended. 'You seriously don't know? Oh wow. I did make a point out of it, didn't I?'

'You actually got her to play anything other then Queen?', Aziraphale was a bit impressed.

'You got her to play classical music, didn't ya?'

Aziraphale nodded. 'Touché.'

When they arrived, it was, as usual in Soho at the time, quite busy everywhere, which is why they were surprised to find Nina's coffee shop closed.

Maggie wasn't in hers, either, but that wasn't as unusual, since Aziraphale was the only customer.

But when they got to the bookshop, they heard laughter from inside.

And obviously, it was Nina, Maggie, Anathema and Muriel, just where Aziraphale last saw them a couple of days ago.

He coughed. 'Uhm, hello, ladies.'

They turned to look at him, still laughing a bit.

But when they turned and saw Crowley, too, their expressions got dead serious. And for a moment, nobody said anything, before Crowley realised why.

'Oh! Oh, that. Yeah, we kinda half-assed your advice,' - he was gesturing at Maggie and Nina - 'and we're good now. Better then good, actually. But not fully done yet.'

There was a sigh of relief coming from the couch. 'Oh, well that's good. We were afraid it was gonna get weird.', Nina said, smiling a bit now.

'You haven't sold a single book, have you?', Aziraphale asked, walking around the shop, observing the shelves.

'No. Not at all. Just as ordered.', Muriel said, smiling widely. Crowley pet them on the head before pulling Aziraphale to the back of the shop.

When he wanted to protest, Crowley kissed him. There was a strange energy behind it, but passionate nonetheless.

When they pulled away for a moment, it was actually Aziraphale who pulled Crowley back in for another one.

When they pulled away the second time, Crowley was the first to say something. 'What was that for?', he was chuckling slightly.

'What was all this for?', he returned.

'Well, we do have to come of with something like a plan, don't we?', Crowley stated.

Aziraphale nodded. 'We do, but I don't think there is a plan for our situation right now. I mean, what are we supposed to do? Hide here? Run?'

Crowley shrugged. 'Well, I s'ppouse we can stay here for a bit? The four of those are a good cover, aren't they?'