Unexpected meeting

{A/N: yes I am baaack}

America POV

This morning I woke up more easily. I went downstairs to eat breakfast, this time with my two little brothers, Australia and New Zealand. They went to a primary school that started a day later than the academy, so they didn't need to wake up early yesterday.

After France dropped us in the academy I turned to Canada. "Hey, Nada? Can I ask you something?" I said. "Hm? Oh sure, what is it?" He said, wondering what I could possibly want to ask him. "Yesterday Ukraine said something about her and Russia's past, do you know anything about it?" Canada didn't expect that question, I can assume. "Actually, I don't. She never talks about it and every time it comes up she looks down and falls silent. I wonder about that too, sometimes." He said "huh. Weird."

"Maybe I should talk to Russia, nobody knows what he's like, maybe he's nice." I said. "I'm not sure that's a good idea Ame..." said Canada. "Why not? Have you talked to him?"

"I- no, I guess I didn't." He stuttered. "I can see why you're scared, but I'll be fine." I said and he sighed. "I know."

"Hey! Maybe I could look into their past!"

{A/N: America's ability is to see the past, or if he wants, he could also show it in a more realistic version of a hologram}

"I don't thing that's a good idea either..." Canada murmured. "They must have a good reason not to talk about it..." I sighed "you're right."

Time skip to lunchtime

Canada and our friends already went to the cafeteria, but I decided to try and find Russia. And obviously, like last time, I bumped into someone on the way. I mentally slapped myself. Why does this always happen to me?!

Whoever I just bumped into growled and lifted me up with their hand only to throw me back to the ground. I groaned in pain and opened my eyes. Oh fuck, it's North Korea and China.

North Korea growled again "how dare you! Watch where you're going!" I knew apologies won't help me this time, so I got up slowly and prepared myself for a fight. "Oh it's a fight you want?" I said "fine!" He snorted. "Do you really think you could fight me? Ha!" He laughed. Oh shit, that wasn't a good idea...

He launched himself at me and before I could think of my next step he punched me in the gut, and damn, he was right. He is much stronger than I am. I really fucked up, didn't I?

Students started gathering around us. Some shouted: "fight! fight! fight!" Some murmured or whispered things I couldn't hear. China laughed and I begged silently for someone to help me. And luckily for me, someone came. North stood back where he was standing and snorted at me. Suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder and a deep, husky voice said: "leave him alone." In an emotionless tone. North didn't turn back, but grinned and said: "and who will make me? If you want me to stop fighting him, you'll have to fight me."

The voice exhaled deeply. "I am sure you don't want that." North Korea finally turned around to face his next target. "Oh I sure do." He grinned again and his 'target' sighed. "Fine." They said. I still couldn't see who it was, and I didn't recognize the voice either. North launched his fist towards his opponent, but they caught it midair. The crowd gasped and for once North Korea showed fear and flinched back. I was finally able to see who it was. My eyes widened in shock. From all people who could have helped me...

Russia!?

Why would he help me? I thought he hates everyone?

"Will you leave him alone now?" He asked and North nodded weakly. He grabbed China's hand and ran away. Russia snorted. "yeah, you'd better run!" He called and sighed. "I guess being the scariest guy in the academy has benefits." He said and turned to me. "Are you okay?" He asked me. "Y- yeah..." I stuttered and slowly got up. "Why did you help me?" I asked. He fell silent. "I- I don't know. I just felt like it was the right thing to do."

"I- thank you." I said and he looked surprised "you- aren't you scared of me?" He asked. "Of course I am, but you helped me. The least I can do is thank you." He stayed silent. "Hey, I was just searching for you, I want to talk." I said and he turned to me again. "Talk... to me? Why?"

"I think you deserve a chance. Everyone thinks you're scary - and well, so do I - but that's not right. Everyone deserves a chance." He looked at me, confused. "Do you have any friends here?" I asked. "No. Everyone hates me." He said and I felt a little sorry for him. "I can be your friend!" I said in excitement. He flinched. "No." I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "Why not? Do you want to be hated by everyone?" He paused. "You won't understand." He said and walked away.

By now lunchtime was over so I walked to my class and wondered. Why won't he want to be my friend? Is it something about me? Did I do something wrong? He doesn't want friends, but he doesn't want to be hated either? I'll just have to prove I'm a good friend.

But how?

Words: 902