Chapter 2

(Your pov)
When you get up the next day you get Jaxx to tell you the whole of what happened I find out there is a second meg and we all find everyone and we decide to kill it so we come up with a plan and we figure out where its headed and we get on the boat and the girls join us much to my disagreement and then we set off.

We wait for the others to set it up and we decide who is going down in the subs which ends up being me and Jonas.

When they figure it all out we decide to get in the subs already dressed in the swimsuits and we attract the megs attention after awhile the meg makes the boat tip so Jonas tells me to go back up and help them and I do, I see my yacht and I take all of the others to the yacht and go back down to help and i realise its changing course and I know where its going so I tell Jonas to let it go and we go back up to the others and I get out of the sub and I take my necklace off and I give it to Jaxx who looks at me wide eyed.

Jaxx:y/n you can't do this.
You: I don't have a choice I know where its heading and I want to beat it and you know the password to my phone call Rita and tell her their is a meg coming her way and tell her I am going to try and beat it and explain to her what a meg is.

When I finish I run to the edge and jump over and transform into a mermaid and I thump my tail and start speeding to mako and I pass the shark and wave and speed off to Rita's.

When I arrive and dry off I see the girl's I trained and the ones the others Rita is teaching.

You: Rita we have a problem.
Rita: whats the problem?
You: there is a meg on its way and I know you know because my coworker told you and its on its way to mako where the pod is you need to convince Verida to get all the other mermaids to safety.
Rita: what will you be doing?
You:killing the prehistoric fish.

When you finish you dive back into the grotto and start speeding towards mako and when you get there you make sure you very aware from shore and the island and wait for the shark and when you saw the fin you went underwater and saw it heading straight towards me so when it comes closer I thump/whack my tail and I start speeding around it in circles and it tries to follow me before I see Jonas is a sub and he helps me kill it before looking at me and his eyes go wide and I point towards the top meaning to go up out of the water.

When the sub and my head comes out of the water he opens the hatch so I could talk to him.

Jonas:what are you?
You: I am a mermaid
Jonas:why did you hide this from us? Are your girl mermaids too?
You:yes and i adopted them and the reason why I hid it was because I thought everyone would look at me different and the only person who knew was Jaxx because I saved her and I made her promise to not tell anyone.

I tell him to go back to the yacht and I gave him my address to my house where we are and I tell him I will meet him there and I find Verida and Rita.

Verida:I know you know that your sister is reinstated back in the pod but we know you haven't been around much to try and be reinstated and after killing that shark for the pod we think its a good idea to have you reinstated your girls too.
You:really?
Verida:really the mermaid council watched you kill it and you had to tell that land boy and you can tell your other coworkers as long as they promise to keep it a secret.
You: thank you so much.
Verida: we should be thanking you for saving us.
You:don't worry about it when I saw where the shark was heading I couldn't let it get here before I did even though I wasn't reinstated until now I still would have saved your lives.
Rita: your braver than I am
You:no I am not you told you secret to a land boy and I told one person and you trusted your students like I trusted mine even when you were almost exposed.

After a little while you head home and you go in the entry from the sea (like Rita's grotto but a little bit different) and see all your coworkers and you/I knew they would have questions so you sat on one of the steps and waited for their questions.

Lori:how long have you been a mermaid?
You:since I was born.
Mac:why didn't you tell us? And did anyone know that we work with? And if so why didn't they tell us?
You: I was afraid I would be looked at different and Jaxx knew and I made her promise not to tell anyone.
Suyin:how come Jaxx knew and we didn't?
You: before working mana one and the whole op thing I was diving and I saw Jaxx near mako at this time the pod wasn't there but she was in a part that had only sharks in it and I saw one nearly attack her so I saved her.
Jonas:when you said you could dive and dived for a bracelet is because you are a mermaid?
You: yes.

When they all get up and walk away even Jaxx and they have made it up the stairs I get out of the water and dry off before going to find them and when I don't find them I go for a swim and swim to the place I feel most safe.

Authors note: your is a cave if you don't like it imagine something else.also every time its your pov and i write me and I, just pretend it you. Also Amber and London will be with Rita for a little while because they will be learning what they missed in mermaid school as they are young and need to know this so they will be learning and they won't be in the next few chapters.

(What speed swimming looks like sort of but pretend its a straight line and they whack/thump their tail and they speed swim leaving bubbles behind unless you have watched mako mermaids both tv shows then you understand what I am talking about)