Chapter 3

The first month on the ship was hell, but thankfully my brother decided that I didn't need classes anymore. And so I didn't have to spend time with Spock anymore.

"You must be happy to be free of Spock." Joanna said as I walked beside her.

"I'm actually kind of bored. Bugging Spock was the greatest happiness of my life." I said with a smirk.

"Are you sure that you're not in love with him?" Jo asked with a grin.

"As sure as I am that you like Chekov."

"Touché." She said with a huff.

We both laughed before we were forced to split up, Jo went to the medbay and I made my way to the bridge. When I arrived I found a boy standing beside Jim. I let out a whistle and Jim shook his head before he whistled back. I walked up to him and sent him a small smile, which he returned.

"Ah, Charlie I would like you to meet Lieutenant Commander Theodosia. She is my baby sister. She is around your age." Jim said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hello ma'am." Charlie said with a small nod.

"It's nice to meet you, Charlie." I said as I held my hand out to him.

Charlie stared at my hand in confusion, which caused Jim to let out a chuckle.

"Charlie, she wants you to shake her hand." Jim explained.

I sent him a gentle smile and Charlie said nothing as he held out his hand and took mine in his. I shook his hand and then pulled my hand away from his.

"So you are a girl?" Charlie asked softly.

"Well I sure hope so or my mother has some questions to answer." I said with a laugh.

Jim let out a laugh and shook his head.

"Charlie how about you stay here for a second, I need to go and talk to Thea for a second. I have to tell her which room to take you to." Jim said softly.

"Yes sir." Charlie said as he stared at me.

I gave Charlie a smile and then turned and walked away from him. When I knew we were out of ear shot I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at Jim.

"So I take it that Charlie is the only survivor of the Antares?" I asked softly.

"Yea, poor kid has been alone since he was three. Could you do me a favor and show him around? Maybe help him learn about some things?" He asked as he sent me a look.

"Of course, don't worry about a think. I have this under control, Jim." I said as I gently squeezed my brother's shoulder and sent him a reassuring smile.

"I knew I could count on you." He said as he sent me a smile.

I said nothing else and turned and walked away from him. I made my way back onto the bridge and found Charlie looking around the room.

"Charlie, if you're okay with it. I'd like to give you a tour of the ship." I said softly.

"I'd like that." He said with a nod of his head.

"Wonderful. Let's head out then." I said as I motioned for him to follow behind me.

He followed me to the lift and I started to show him around. Half way through the tour I felt a hard slap to my butt and I quickly turned around and stared at Charlie in shock and anger.

Had it been anyone else I would probably have slapped them, but seeing as I knew Charlie didn't know what he hd done, I gave him a pass and instead decided to lecture him.